I have to prepare a meal this weekend for a couple of friends that are visiting, which of these do you think I should serve?

I asked them whether they have any preferences, allergies or if they are vegetarian or vegan and they answered no to all of the above.

I have two dishes in mind, of the two, which do you think sounds best?

A) Seafood Stew with Homemade cheese loaf and Chardonnay

or B) Grilled Seafood Tacos with a Spicy Mayo dressing, and Mexican Black Bean Rice on the side, served with a Riesling. I am going to coat the whitefish, lobster and shrimp in a Jamaican Jerk seasoning and then butter/garlic baste them on the bbq. I am using the 9 lb Whitefish that I caught on the weekend, Lobster chunks, shrimp, avocado, lettuce and old cheese. Similar to this:

The reason for it being a seafood selection only, is I have all the ingredients to make a seafood dish, plus I wanted to fillet and use the Whitefish in a meal while it is fresh.

• A - Seafood Stew/Chowder
  • B - Seafood Tacos

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow, you cook actual food... not just burgers scoopempire.com/.../point-12.gif

• hahaha, yes cooking is one of my specialties. I like to make things from scratch and make it flavorful!

When I do bbq burgers I make em from scratch not frozen and make my own bbq sauces to go with it.

• Wow, you sound amazing. Home made burgers are delicious and the fact you can even make bbq sauces with it *swoon* lol

• Thanks... when it comes to cooking I like to go all out and do something a little different. ;)

What Girls Said 1

• I hate seafood but I guess the tacos just because I'm Mexican.

• I thought of providing an alternative, but I had most of the seafood and I did not want it to go to waste.

• Perhaps provide a little lol just in case

What Guys Said 3

• Normal Tacos work just fine

• I like normal tacos too, but I have the seafood so I thought just to use it up.

• Well, I've been out voted.

• LOL my guess is the tacos are a little more summery than the chowder!

• Neither. How do you know they like seafood?
    What's wrong with pasta or burgers?

• I asked if they had allergies to it and any other meats, etc., before deciding to go all seafood. Everyone was looking forward to a seafood dish, so that is the way I went.

If someone disliked seafood then I would have made something else and abandoned the seafood.

• You wrote "I asked them whether they have any preferences, allergies or if they are vegetarian or vegan and they answered no to all of the above" You didn't write anything about seafood.
      IF someone asked me that question & I was served seafood especially the Seafood Stew I'm not eating. GROSS

• They said they had no problem with anything, so I believe it is safe to say... seafood is fine. If they don't like it then they can hit Burger King around the corner. Not a restaurant, they don't get their choice of five dishes.