Would it be easy to be a vegetarian for someone who is allergic to dairy, beans, gluten, corn and rice?

• Ummm, yes, it would be tough.
  • No, it sounds easy. Anyone could do it!
  • Ummmm, if I were allergic to all that and I was forced to go vegetarian, there would be no more reason for me to LIVE!
* can't have eggs either...

Most Helpful Girl

• It would be possible, but I think it would be hard. Eating and cooking would be a full-time job, as your normal sources of protein have been incredibly limited. With all that, you probably wouldn't be able to eat soy either. That would be tough.

There's always nuts! Though I imagine you would have to eat a lot of them. Your diet would be veg, nuts and potatoes. Sounds dreadful to me, but I already have a dairy and soy sensitivity.

What Guys Said 4

• It would be nearly impossible.

• You should rather forget about being vegetarian then

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 9

• It sounds pretty tough. Eggs, dairy, and beans are great sources of vegetarian protein, and you'd be giving up all of those (presumably soy as well since that is a type of bean?). And being allergic to gluten AND corn AND rice? Yikes. Good luck!

• You can do it! I'm a vegan and I'm allergic to all soy, which is in most vegan/ vegetarian food!

You just have to be willing to do the research l and figure out exactly how much protein, fat, iron, vitamins etc. you should be eating for you height/weight.

Next research foods that you can eat... soy, wheat, spinach (which is full of protein), etc. You just have to do the research!

I personally love being a vegan! I started for health reasons and now I'm virtually disease free and I feel great!

• I'm sure there's a way to live as a vegetarian with those allergies, but I'm not sure how. I was a vegetarian for two years, and my mom has been one for four. We eat a lot of beans, rice, eggs, bread, and pasta. If you wanted to try the vegetarian lifestyle, I would recommend talking to a nutritionist.

• Corn, rice and gluten all at the same time?
    That guy does not exist.
    YET.
    But the guy dont necessarily have to be vegetarian. You can still consume seafood, honey, lactose-free yogurt and milk, eggs etc.

• Not allergic to lactose, but casein, a protein in all dairy...

• Can't have soy or eggs. But I can have most nuts and all vegetables and most fruits.

• *can't eat tofu either...

• Being vegetarian for anyone isn't easy. Being vegetarian with even further restrictions will be tougher but not impossible

• It wouldn't be easy, but it would be possible. You'd have to eat mostly fruits and vegetables, though.

• Eating habits are not innate or permanent (save for animals). It is said "do as the Romans do", so if one has to shift from dairy to veg, no problem. What will one do if he/she doesn't find food of choice? Obviously change!

• Yeah, what would you eat for nutrients? Just vitamins lol?

• I think itd be easy. You could eat eggs. Or just become a vegan right away, better for the earth ;D Im a vegetarian planning to be a vegan in like a year, probably right after when i move out of my parents house.

• Oh, sorry, alergic to eggs too. :(

• ohh :/ well then you practically can't be a vegetarian except if you only eat fish (or fish and chicken). You should maybe try it for like a week-month :)