How do you eat your meal?

• American way
  • European way
Part of my family lives in the US and they using US way, which looks little bit weird to me.
So, due to restrictions on YouTube :
American way means you cut whole your meal, and then switch fork to the right hand and eat.
European way means you still using both hands (fork and knife) and eat right after cutting.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• well i dont do it exactly like that, but i think the main difference is do you cut your food at the beginning or eat with a knife and fork the whole way though
    honestly i didn't even realise people did the first option.
    unless i dont need a knife at all for a meal (e. g. chilli con carni) i use a knife and fork and cut as i eat

What Girls Said 10

• Apparently I can't watch the video in my country.

• European, that's a stupid video though.

• Uh, I use both ways. o_O

• Apparently it's European

• European.
    by the way. ... never seen a more unnecessary video than this one. Hahaha xD

• How odd, I can't view the video because its not available in my country. *looks confused*.

I eat with forks, spoons, plates. Is there an improper way to eat? Ahh I see, I eat the American way then.

• American way :you cut your food at the beginning European : eat with a knife and fork the whole way though

• I'm European, I had no clue there were two official ways to eat, apparently i use the American one

• European way

• European

• i live in Europe so i guess the european way? i dont understand this question lmao

What Guys Said 11

• European, i dindt know Americans did it different.

• American

• nice job show a video not allowed in the USA

• I can't watch the video in my country.
    I eat a small snack for breakfast

• USA way

• Video not available in my country.

• what a dumbass video

• Murica way baby!

• I'm gonna go with European without even watching this :p Let the flaming begin.

• Both. At home I cut up most if not all of the meat. At a nice (nicer) restaurant I cut one piece of meat at a time. I've been told the latter is proper etiquette.