So those hyper fancy restaurants that give you barely any food, doesn't that leave you hungry?

If so then why go

Most Helpful Girl

• The reason they give you so little food is because they cook with such expensive ingredients... If you want to eat filet mignon, you probaly can't afford a whole 12oz steak of it ;P

• Damn,
      Huh, My great uncle dean owns a cattle farm (actually I think that it means its a ranch) out in Washington state maybe he could get a ridicilous price for some of this stuff

• oh by the way, now I can post pictures, I can post a demonstration of my point. This is the size of the cut that is used to make filet mignon:

upload.wikimedia.org/.../Filmin.png

So you can begin to understand the small portion sizes :P

• Holy shit that is tiny

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah it would make me really hungry and pissed off

What Girls Said 12

• It does lol I go because some of my friends here really like fancy restaurants and caf├ęs so I just go with them lol. I also go for the atmosphere.

• i NEVER go to those places!

• The food is expensive because it's prepared with care using expensive ingredients. So it's usually really delicious, if they know what they're doing at least. Often at those restaurants you're eating a lot of courses- which, yes, adds to the expense, but it also means you're consuming much more food than just your tiny, pea sized entree.

• I prefer Chinese Buffets unless I have no Choice in the Menu Matter.
    With Fancy joints though, not only Not a lot to eat but wtf are You... Eating?
    Good luck and Great question, @Waffles731 xx

• I hate going to "fancy" restaurants. They're so damn reticent about saying what all is in their food no matter when you call or go in.

• Lol yes and we go to McDonald's after hahha

But seriously, I think you're playing more for the atmosphere than anything else

• Because the stuff needed to make the food is too expensive.

• You get many courses... you don't leave hungry, trust me.

• You usually eat a lot of courses, which is why they give you so little. Soup, salad, appetizer, main entree, and dessert (maybe something else too never know). So it'd be kinda dumb to serve a lot.

• For the Instagram pic

• I don't go. F that b. s.

• The ambiance, the experience, etc. Personally I'd rather just go to In n' Out (west coast burger franchise)

What Guys Said 10

• I don't lol I choose food over a fancy restaurant unless that fancy restaurant has some big portions, then I'll go.

• Those restauarants are for people who want to try some skilled chefs masterpieces. You go to satisfy your tastesbuds not your stomach.

• High-quality food is worth every penny, as those who know how to eat well will tell you. And as portion sizes have gotten so far out of control, many people have no idea what the proper portion even looks like.

• its a tasteing menu. so u get small protions, but like 11 courses. and it will cost u like $90 a person, excluding drinks, which are also extremely marked up.

• Actually here in korea i find those spots quite nice.. The women feel special and the food is great if you actually enjoy the tasting the ingredients in the food.. Yea its not going to a beef and leaf and eating until you feel you have gained 2 pant sizes true.. but its so amazing.. i love high end sushi spots here lol

• I only go because women are shallow.

• The food is generally richer and"heavier" you don't need as much of it

• Cause it's a sign of opulence

• but I dont go to mc donalds

• YES. Because in this case I didn't know.
    I went to Rick Bayless (less being the operative word) from Mexico one plate at a time on PBS TV.
    They don't even give you chips & salsa. It was more like check mix. I was asked if I wanted more & I said yes. My dinner was coming just as the girl was going to give me more check mix. So she started to place it on my table & then whisked it away.