How can I live off $140.00 for the rest of the month?

I unfortunately only have $140.00 to spend on food for the rest of the month. What exactly can I buy that is healthy for that? I'm vegetarian also so no meat.

Most Helpful Guy

• you need a pen, paper and to draw up a list of things you will need and rank them according to importance and cross reference it with costs.
    I've done $100 for a month and im a dedicated meat eater, and we all know that is more expensive.
    i'd recommend divvying up the funds for either weekly or biweekly shopping for budget purposes.

• I doubt if you had absolutely nothing you could make $100 last the whole month for good unless you eat very little each day.

• @Tdieseler if you were to have 3 meals a day for a week on $25 a week that comes down to $1.19 a meal.

• @funny_strange_man some people don't each much. also, there is such a thing as bulk cooking and leftovers. Depending on how you do it... one huge meal can last like 3 days with little twists here and there.

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks like you'll be living on rice and veg. Fried rice, paella, vegetarian curries, curried rice etc. All of which can be made in bigger batches and frozen for another date. (Just make sure that when you reheat it reaches over 75°C otherwise you risk food poisoning ) soups are also a good idea.

What Guys Said 7

• Frozen vegetables are cheap

• Get a job in a produce department of a local market. Ask if you can take home produce discards and trimmings. The discards don't look as nice but their nutritional value is the same.

• Do some soups, with will help a lot.

• Im transcitioning into a vegan lifestyle and I spent $25 to $30 a week in food. You can do it too.

• Bananas. They are usually 49 cents a proud or so.

• You can make pizza, calzones and stromoli for cheap by making your own dough. Plenty of food for a little. You might want to get vitamins as well if you do not get a balanced diet.

• jack in the box will give you two free tacos with a purchase if you do the survey on their receipt. I do it all the time an get 4 tacos for $1. no meat in them. just that fake soy meat shit.

• I live in Canada I don't think we have jack in the box lol

What Girls Said 6

• Try looking for recipes on budget bytes. She makes really yummy food for a couple of dollars. There are vegetarian options on there

• Ramen noodles? I don't know 140.00 isn't much. Rice is pretty cheap too.

• The packaged Ramen noodles are horrible for a person to eat. They can last up. to 2 days in your system before being digested.

• @funny_strange_man I was totally unaware of that. I personally will eat them just because I like them. I was just trying to offer a suggestion to try to make 140.00 last a month, I wasn't aware it was such a poor one until now. OK strike the ramen noodles and go for the rice and maybe dried beans they're not horribly expensive.

• rice/quinoa
    sweet potatos
    or get beans and make bean burgers. It tastes super good.

• Eat less. Buy microwaveable food

• I don't have a microwave lol

• I spend 25 per week on food, so it's doable

• Black beans & sweet potatoes. 😍