Every time I eat something I get bloated?

I know that people get kinda get bloated after they eat obviously, but I get really bloated! Even if I eat something super healthy! Is that normal? I eat pretty healthy! Any thoughts? Thanks guys!

Most Helpful Guy

• Avoid Bloat-Inducing Foods

Difficult-to-digest foods can cause gassiness and bloating. These are some familiar culprits.

Beans and lentils contain indigestible sugars called oligosaccharides. These sugars must be broken down by bacteria in the intestines.
    Fruits and vegetables such as Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, prunes, apricots. These contain sugars and starches that may cause gassiness and bloating.

Sweeteners can also cause gas and bloating. Sorbitol, an artificial sweetener, can’t be digested. Fructose, a natural sugar added to many processed foods, is difficult for many people to digest. To avoid bloating, be aware of these sweeteners in the foods you eat and limit the amount you consume.
    Dairy products can be a source of intestinal distress and bloating if you have trouble digesting lactose, or milk sugar.

Whole grains, recommended for their many health benefits, can sometimes cause bloating and gas problems. One reason whole grains are so healthy is their high fiber content. But fiber is an indigestible carbohydrate. Abruptly increasing the amount of fiber you eat can cause gas, bloating, and constipation.

Nutritionists recommend slowly increasing the fiber in your diet to allow your body time to adjust. At the same time, drink plenty of water with high-fiber foods, says nutritionist Joanne L. Slavin, PhD, RD, professor of food science and nutrition at the University of Minnesota. “All fiber absorbs water,” she explains. Drinking liquids helps fiber move through the digestive system and prevents bloating and constipation.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would go to the doctor and get your TSH levels tested. I was getting bloated after all these healthy foods. Turns out I have a thyroid disease and I'm not aloud to have any dairy, gluten, soy, sugar, or carbohydrates. Now that I went on a strict diet for 2 months it repaired my gut. Now some of those restrictions are lifted. :)

• Did you lose weight by cutting out those types of foods? Because I can't lose weight 😁

• very little, yes. But it mostly just slims your waist. :)

What Guys Said 5

• Just one thing to try: try slowing down the rate at which you eat. Take your time with it.

• Is it the feeling of being floated or is it visible? if its visible it might be due to your petite size that it appears this way..

• Like really painfully or? and by the way, you look stunning x

• It's not painful but it makes me uncomfortable! Like my body feels uncomfortable

• Don't speak while you eat.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• Are you drinking a lot of water! The food you eat could just be a lot of protein, carbs, etc.

• i kinda have the same problem and after researching a bit it just seems that it's due to slow digestion. either that or h. pylori.

• Yea, what @cocochanel says. Only eat when your stomach growls it means your no longer digesting food. You may have low stomach acid. Get apple cider pills or put apple cider into some water like two times a day and drink it.