How would you feel if your son or daughter became vegan?

And if you're going to come at me with this cliche line about "as long as they don't push their eating habits on me", please spare me because you would have pushed yours on them all of their life.

• Indifferent
  • Proud
  • Ashamed
  • Worried
  • Other (please explain)
  • Unsure
  • I'm vegan/vegetarian myself.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would be happy because I'm a vegetarian too.

Most Helpful Girl

• Proud, as I am a vegan.

But my parents gave me shit for it when i decided to make the lifestyle change. They got over it fast though

What Guys Said 27

• i'd support them as long as they are healthy

• I'd support them though it wouldn't be for me

• I wouldn't really care, as long as he/she remains healthy.

• i would ask them if they are also going to adopt that retarded vegan attitude.

• i take this back, some vegans are ok and dont have a bad attitude.

• thats just your opinion.

• That an animal has to die for your eating habits is hardly an opinion.

• Proud.

Good lad.

• Its their lifestyle and I would continue to love them, just because its not for me doesn't mean I have to hate on them for it

• I'd be ashamed of myself because it's my fault for spoiling them too much.

• Being vegan has nothing to do with being spoiled, in fact to the contrary spoiled people don't care how their convenience impacts others :)

• @wankiam so what phoney bologna place do you get your "stats" from?

• Actually I use vegan shampoos and now many vaccines are made by bacterial cultures and there are many educated vegans :)
      www.humanedecisions.com/.../...l-benefit-human.jpg
      Also the difference with vaccines are you need them to survive, that's like saying vegans are hypocrites because animals are killed by Farming. But of course if we don't eat we die while there is no nutritional need for meat. Again please try putting more critical thought in your responses -_-

• Great, good for them.
    Better since they would be choosing a healthy lifestyle and cared about animals.

• I would not care either way. I am saying exactly this, "as long as they don't push their eating habits on me"!!!

• Well no vegan has ever forcefully pushed their eating habits on others so you don't have to worry about that.

• I would tell him/her to never try to force your diet onto others like most vegans do. It's annoying as fuck.

• Actually we don't force our diets on others, do you know why?
      Because we don't make any animal suffer and die for them and if you feel that your diet is something you should keep to yourself then you should do the same.

Seriously
      Oh boo hoo these bwig bwad vegans are trying to make us poor vegans stop killing and torturing hepless animals.

Seriously how egotistical can you get?

• Actually it is 100% correct because convince ≠ force. No one (as annoying as you say they are) is forcing you to do anything. As for getting angry, well most people get very angry if dogs are being abused.

• LOL okay girl. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

• I'd wonder where I went wrong that my kid ended up being stupid.

• Let me tell you where you went wrong: just now when you assumed that chosing compassion over cruelty was "stupid"

• That is not what is stupid about veganism.
      The stupid part about veganism is compromising your health for a futile cause.
      (while you probably use cell phones, cars, toothpastes, cosmetics, nail polishes, condoms and all the billions of other things that contain minced up animals)

• Except meat production has gone down, so it's hardly a futile cause :)

• I don't care what they do. Their life at the end of the day, not mines.

• It would depend on why and how they went about it. But if they went about it properly (ensuring they were properly balanced diet wise etc) and did it for good reasons, I'd be proud of their living my their decisions or beliefs.

• Suicidal.

• Something tells me OP is vegan. To answer your question I'd disown you

• Well on my profile I state that I am vegan, but why would you disown them?

• I'm not completely serious but I had a friend who would never shut up about it. Keyword "had"

• Whatever. won't have to fight them for the best steak...

• I would dison him for having such a sacrilegous and unnatural though

• I'd take off my belt.

• Whatever floats their boat.

• bothered.

• Not my problem what they eat as long as they eat.

• I would say good for you!

• Dont care

• I wouldn't care

• if they want to be vegan, go ahead, but just know im going to keep eating meat, regardless

• Well more steak for me!! Yum yum!

What Girls Said 33

• I want to say I wouldn't care because it's their views and their values, BUT! If she/he tells me to change my eating habits I will throw them out of the house. They didn't give birth to me, I gave birth to them. My house, my rules. And even when they are grown I don't need to hear them telling me to change my eating habits because it's not going to change.

• I seriously cannot believe anyone opted for "Ashamed"

Allow me to give some impromptu parenting advice in the form of a rant :-)

If your son or daughter turns out to be someone who betrays their country by giving away U. S. state secrets to say a foreign government, ISIS etc OR if your son or daughter turns out to be a pedo, then your feelings of being ashamed are well warranted. Traitors and pedos are about as shameful a thing as a person can possibly be.

Alternatively, if your son or daughter turns out to be someone who chooses to abstain from eating animal products, who effin'' cares? It's really not that serious and besides now there's more ham and turkey for you on Christmas. The only parents who are ashamed of their kids being vegan are bad parents who never should have had kids in the first place.

• Happy because I don't eat meat either, so, the fact they have the dedication to eat the diet they agree with is great to me.

• Indifferent, it's fine.

• I would be very proud since I am vegan myself.

Its more than a lifestyle, its about having compassion and love for all living beings. Being awake and caring for the environment.

@Artist20 thanks for the mention love

• Mostly indifferent, but I'd be concerned that they wouldn't meet all their nutritional requirements.

• I would be a bit worried about their health, you need to make sure on medical advice from a doctor that it is safe as the child of whichever age maybe lacking certain nutrients in the body that it can not produce on its own so just make sure your not missing and thing in your body that could make you fall very ill

• I'm vegan. my kids (if I have any) will also be brought up vegan. however if they choose to eat meat I wouldn't hold it against them. I'd simply encourage them to choose free range, "humanely" slaughterd animals to eat.

• I'd tell him good luck at family barbeques. Lol His grandma makes the best arroz con leche. I'd be willing to make a bet he wouldn't become vegan, especially after eating that.

• I wouldn't mind either way as long as they're healthy.

• As long as their healthy I wouldn't care.

• I'd be proud. Although I personally don't believe in the vegan ideal, it takes a lot of self control to live a vegan lifestyle.

• Well there goes my wallet, more chicken for me

• And again the same garbage response -_-

• Vegan doesn't automatically mean fresh organic, seriously -_-

• I know this, but since it's my kid, it's what I would feed them.

• Proud would be the right word from that list I guess. I'll probably try to raise my kids on a vegetarian diet anyways. If they decide to take it one step further and go vegan, I will be nothing but happy and supportive.

• I would feel indifferent. They'd just have one more thing in common with their grandpa and aunt.

• That's fine but they are cooking and buying their own meals if they live with me.

• As long as they don't force me to become vegan, or as ling as they aren't like, "You et animals? You're a terrible person!!", then I won't care.

• That wouldn't bother me at all. He is his own person.

• If they don't wanna eat meat then fine but I don't want them eyeing my steak and lobster and going back on their commitment.

• It would depend on their age

• It's really their choice, it doesn't matter.

• But I'd eat what I want, I'd cook meat, and they'd have to cook their own vegan meals and things.

• Anyone who voted 'ashamed' should take a good long look at themselves.

• I wouldn't mind. We can all choose what we want to eat.

• You whiny little bitch. You block half the people who disagreed with you. Try eating some meat and maybe you won't be such a pussy. I hope you die of AIDS you spoiled little asshole.

• Yeah I'm such a whiny little bitch because I'm trying to stop the slaughter of helpless animals billions of animals. What do you mean try some meat? For the first 12 years of my life eating meat. But yeah I'm such a pussy for not paying people to kill helpless creatures for me and I deserve to die of aids for trying to make the world a better place ;)

• I'd be proud! It's a good thing they care about the animals.

• Good for you, kid! But I'd be worried about being balanced.

• It's their life, so I wouldn't really care, if I had a child.

• I wouldn't push my eating habits on my kid. (If I had one) I'd let them eat whatever they want as long as it's not hazardous for their health. I'm not vegan or vegetarian but if my child, even at a young age, wanted to be, I'd let them. So, if they chose to become vegan, as long as they don't try to convert me, I'm fine with it.

• There's nothing wrong with trying to convince someone of anything -_-

• They can try. Once. But if they continue, that isn't cool.

• Wouldn't care

• Well they could start cooking their own meals for one and they just better not start trying to lecture the household on becoming vegan.

• Sheesh I addressed this cliche BS in the description, does anyone ever bother to read it -_-

• OK. I hope you don't force your children to be vegan now. Or will you also provide meat, not lecture them, and give them the choice of what they want to eat for every meal? Don't force them though, that would be terrible.

• No because I wouldn't feed them meat because I despise those who force their belief on others; like people who force their beliefs that satisfying their taste buds could justify taking the life of another thinking breathing creature on a helpless animal.

• More from Girls
    3