How to learn cooking?

I want to learn how to cook but I don't know anything about cooking. the only I can make is a cup of tea and others drinks.

Most Helpful Girl

• Take cooking classes

Most Helpful Guy

• start with easy dishes, like home made mac and cheese (or mac and cheese roux is a better way to go). try making spaghetti... easy dishes to build your confidence and then go from there. I will say the best way to learn how to cook is to experiment a little and well failure... unfortunately failure can end up costing you a meal and or be expensive but its worth it once you know how. also another tip is when using herbs and spices, if you aren't sure what goes with what, use your nose. hold two spices or herbs or a spice and herb up to your nose and smell them both at the same time... if they smell good together.. well they will taste just as good together (especially considering 90% of your taste actually comes from smell). also thats another tip... follow your nose. also another great way to learn is to make very small portions of something if you aren't sure how it will turn out. Also if you do that... write down what you do so that way when you do figure it out, you have it on paper instead of trying to remember it... make sure you get exact measurements as well of what you are adding in and for how long you "cook" it.

What Girls Said 5

• Start with some really basic recipes. Watch youtube and some cooking shows if you want to get a better understanding.

• Just start with the basics first and then work your way up. Look up simple recipes online or on YouTube. Start with something easy first. Or you can take cooking classes.

• Like learning anything else, start with basics. Cook an omelette, basic pasta, meat. Then you gradually start making better things.

• Grab a recipe book, get the materials/ingredients and start cooking.

• Cooking shows, cookbooks etc.
    Just follow the instructions.

What Guys Said 3

• There are a bunch of ways. The most expensive, is to go to a Culinary Academy, and learn the mostly French-style traditional kind of cooking. NOT MY STYLE, AT ALL!! I learned, on my own, Guerilla fashioned, matching shows, and youtube videos, and getting recipes, and changing them to fit what I like!!
    I HATE the traditional FRENCH BS COOKING style, and that is what they expect, on most of the cooking shows!!
    I'm open to share, chat, and compare if you want to, privately!

• We could summon my grandma from the dead. She taught me.

• Start with some simple videos on Youtube