How do I season a burger good?

Okay my burgers aren't good I seasoned it with onion powder but it's just "Meh", I love burgers but I suck at making them, any advice on seasoning?

Most Helpful Girl

• Chopped onion, a shot of worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper

• Thanks for MH, may your burgers always be tasty and juicy :)

What Girls Said 4

• Salt and pepper, maybe grill seasoning? You could try garlic powder too if you're into that.

• tomato ketchup mustard. onion parsley salt and pepper... guaranteed!
    your welcome

• Add a little sea salt when your mushing up the meat. Pepper maybe? Also, it's "cook burgers well" not "cook burgers good" :)

• You have to get some onion powder and ranch season and you have to put some actual onions in it and you have to put in some season all and garlic powder.. Not rocket science g'damnit.. Don't push the juice out or it will be dry

What Guys Said 4

• Take your FRESH (not frozen and thawed) hamburger (ground CHUCK, 30% fat/70% lean - NOT the extra lean stuff; you need the fat to hold the burger together and add flavor), put it in a bowl. Dice a white onion or two and add to the bowl. Mix the hamburger and onion together in the bowl until the onion is evenly distributed, then form the hamburger into balls, which you will then flatten.

The goal is for the raw patty to be about an inch larger in diameter than the bun, and relatively thin. Most people don't make their patties big enough in diameter nor thin enough - remember the fat is going to mostly render out and the patty will shrink a lot, so you want it to end up about the same size as the bun. You don't want a huge bun with a tiny slider-sized patty in the center.

You might also make a dent in the center of the patty, either by hand or using a soup spoon. This keeps the center of the patty from getting too fat when the patty starts to shrink.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...d85a4fd929.jpg

Anyway, once flattened, season both sides with salt & pepper, or substitute seasoned salt in place of regular salt (you could also have added the seasoning when you were mixing in the onion, but I find it's more effective on the surface of the patty). Use plastic wrap to keep the layers separated if you are stacking patties.

foodandswine.com/.../0191.jpg
    (I only use about half this much seasoned salt, and plenty of black pepper)

You are now ready to cook. Burgers cook pretty quickly, and should be cooked on fairly high heat for 2-3 minutes a side. If you're going to add cheese, get it ready and apply about 30-45 seconds before the patty is done cooking for a good melt.

upload.wikimedia.org/.../...rger_1_bg_20090614.jpg

• Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt & pepper, REAL onions and the secret... a little bit of tomato ketchup.

Most important thing is to cook them on a really hot grill, OR cheat and use a plumber's blowtorch to get the char effect in the kitchen.

• Salt, pepper with some fresh onion and garlic.

• ye order from fast food