Meat eaters, could you live if you couldn't eat meat?

I've met many meat eaters who've said that they would rather die than stop eating meat. Do you actually feel this way?

• Yes
  • No
  • Unsure
  • Vegan/vegetarian

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 22

• i could live of course. no one is goign to die from not having meat... but i prefer meat

• Why would you eat plants? They make oxygen for you, and you eat them? Ungrateful bastards.

• I follow a low carb diet so no meat would be a major change for me.

• I've said that before (I've also eaten vegan before for quite some time) but it was just hyperbole. Nobody in their right mind would actually want to die just because they can't chew animal carcass any longer.

• I could live but it would be a lot less tasty. And I'd lack some vitamines ao.

• I like meat, but obviously could live without meat if I had to.

Human er not designed for eating meat by he way, you can see this by our teeth (we have herbivores teeth) and digestive system - we have to cook meat to probably digest it, we lack the enzymes carnivores have.

• i would go fishing

• I think I would be fine without meat. They have so many good vegetarian options nowadays. I love eating vegetable burgers and bean burgers more than meat burgers!

• Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I can adapt. Although it would suck because I love eating meat!

• could i survive w/o meat? yes
    would i rather die then stop eating meat? no
    will i actually stop eating meat? no

• no i love eating animals too much

• Obviously it is possible. It's just a personal taste thing, not a life necessity.

• If there's a victim it's not "personal"

• i know you want to push it towards the fact that animals are kills and that it´s not my right and shit but that´s not the topic of your question so cut the crap.

you asked if we could survive without meat and the answer is yes we can. i don´t appreciate you trying to forcy your opinion into me. i have my own one, even if you hate it.

• Lets' get one thing straight LOL the only one forcing their opinion on anyone is you in that you force your opinion that killing for the sake of satisfying your taste buds is justified on the animals. You think people shouldn't force their opinion on others, why don't you start there ;)

• No but not a logical option not to eat

• Um, yeah it is.

• How can we know that he maintained under favour of getting protein from plants and arnold lost because of not getting?

• Definitely If I have to.

• I fasted for lent a couple times and it was tough. I do like eating meat tho.😊

• Never.

• Life would be a lot less tasty, that's for sure.

• I would never do this but never going to just roll over and die either

• I like meat, but that's going a bit too far. I like life.

• animals exist for us to eat.

• obviously... its just 1 type of food.. there's a million other things i can eat instead of that

• Hmm meat isn't usually particularly yummy but I'd struggle to get enough protein without it

• No you would not you only need 50 grams of protein a day which comes out to 8% of your caloric intake.

• 130 for bodybuilding, not maintenance, but the premise of this question is would you rather die than give up meat?

• I said before, I'd rather live. Though even with meat I'm 50-50 on whether life is worth living or not. It's not that I have a bad life, far from it, just I don't see much point in living.. then again there's not much point dying either so whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What Girls Said 23

• People really need to stop posting pills where through question in the title is the exact opposite of the question in the description...

WHICH ONE ARE YOU ASKING US TO ANSWER?

I answered unsure because of that. The truth is, yes, I could live with out meat. No, I would not rather die than stop eating meat.

• Wouldn't make sense to want to die. I can live without meat, I just wouldn't want to. But if you said I couldn't eat meat bread or cheese... then I'd die.

• Is the bread, meat, and cheese combo a favorite? :D

• Haha I know I know. :P It's just that I was going through a rough time a while back, so I stopped taking care of myself and eating, and lost too much weight. :( At the moment I still need to gain 10 pounds to get back to a healthy weight, from what my doctor said, so I'm trying. :)

• @nfigure I'm sure you'll get there and glad to hear you're better now :)

• Hard to vote in your poll since I don't know which question to answer.
    Could I live if I couldn't eat meat? - Yes.
    Would you rather die than stop eating meat? - No.

• I could totally live if I stopped eating meat.

• I like meat, but I go all the time without it. Right now it's probably been over a month. For me, it depends on what my appetite is like. In the summer, I really don't have an appetite so I just grab something that is small. It might be different if I decided to give up meat completely though. I've never tried it. I'm not a big meat eater, but I do like it when I eat it.

• Some people are so damn dramatic, haha. Could I live without ice cream, yes. If not, I have some sort of weird problem.

• I wouldn't mind too much, it's not an end of the world type of thing.

• I have to eat meat at least once a week or something. I love meat.

But I couldn't live without meat. It's too good.

• Um, you're being completely irrational right now.

• Interesting point 🤔 But...

Not my problem.

• Your victims = your problems

• I was a vegetarian for many years, I'm sure I could manage again.

• I voted unsure because I'm unsure of the question. Is it "no I don't feel this way" or "no I can't live without meat".

I could definitely live without meat. Tbh I wish I could live without food sometimes lol

• i wouldn't rather die then not eat meat. I use to be vegetarian but i suffer from severe anemia so i could latterly die :p

• Literally would be very miserable health wise. If I couldn't eat meat I'd be stuck with beans veggies and fruit...

• I'd become severely anemic again. Not worth it.

• I would probably be very unhealthy, but I could theoretically survive. Severe anaemia, food allergies, etc.

• i can but i dont think i would ever want to do that.

• I could live but I wouldn't be happy.

• Sure. It'd just be an unhappy life

• If it wasn't for chicken the answer would be yes but now I have my doubts 😂

• I go confused over what question I was answering and voted "no" but I could live without meat.

• Yes, but I don't want to

• Crave the protein!

• Yes i could live but I won;t be happy and i would be nutrition deficient
    I can survive

• But why on would we have to stop eating meet the world is surrounded with it. Every animal even the ones that we aren't known to eat but other states, countries, or people are.

I don't for instance deer, cat, even human when it's survival of the fittest you do whatever you can to survive and I've come to conclusion that it must be an epidemic or the end of the world if we we've lost our every day food supply.