How many of you can cook?

I wouldn't call myself a professional, far from it, but I can cook a wide array of meals - full roasts, to curries from scratch.

My other half can cook but he has a rule of three. If a meal has more than 3 components he can't cope bless him.

I asked him if I was the best cook of all his girlfriends (I learnt a while ago his mum is unbeatable... Even though she asks me how he likes things cooked - he's such a mummy's boy). He said he had to do the cooking for pretty much all his past girlfriends which to me I find mind blowing. I understand not everyone grew up knowing to cook but surely university sorts you?

I was lucky - my mum taught me to bake when I was about 2/3 and my dad taught me how to make main meals when I was about 12. I became my dads carer at 17 and I took over everything. I now do all the cooking in my home - accommodate my diabetic dad and my gluten free brother.

To me if you can't even do oven chips and chicken nuggets or toast it's mind blowing!!! Let's see the range on GAG.

• Yup, I'm a totally pro mofo!
  • I'm a home cook - I'm not a pro but I do more than oven chips and fish fingers
  • I can do the basics - oven chips and bacon coming up!
  • I struggle... But I struggle through and achieve something (... sometimes)
  • Absolutely can't. I burn toast
Okay, how many of you voting pro are ACTUALLh professional chefs lol

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I can cook, rather well. Professional? lol, no.

Baking <3 Rarely get to do it.. because, well I usually want to make brownies XD It's been so long!

- - The issue with me cooking (besides my meals for the week) is that I make way too much of it.

Growing up, when being taught how to cook, my grandma was always making meals for 6+ people.

- - So, I either make enough for just myself or go over board and make it for like 6 people. haha.

• I know you were mirin' my lobsters that I made on my SnapChat ;p

• Sorry I didn't phrase that well. I used to do meals that large - it's now 2-5 people a night.

• Ty for MH! [:

What Guys Said 28

• I've answered this before, with just a sausage and 2 eggs I can make a woman's stomach full for 9 months. Thats mad skills.

img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/a3jMb3Q_460s_v1.jpg

• Sounds like an excellent filling breakfast!

• Or dinner, whenever she would like me to give it to her (couldnt help it).

• The common misconception is that cooking is like doing art work. Wrong. You can make it artwork if you want but that's for the real gastronomic chefs out there. People really have no excuse today. Look at all that media has to offer. You don't even need to buy cookbooks anymore, or take lessons at that. Just watch some YouTube videos! Having said this, I do believe that people who are exposed to high levels of cooking from a young age, and enjoy a large variety of foods will develop better tasting skills, but that isn't to say that you can't make a good chef of yourself without the early experience. If you follow a recipe your basically being spoon fed in my opinion. Having good tastebuds are just a bonus. Good luck to all the young chefs out there, and don't overthink cooking, overthinking kills!

• I always say a recipe is a guideline, not bible.

Even with cakes, let's say there is too much flour. Slosh a bit of milk in, problem solved.

I've always had a relaxed approach, 99% of my food is edible. I have a rule with my boyfriend - if it's gross we order a takeaway. So far never ordered in from grossness and been together 2 years.

His favourite is my roasts. Roast the beef in a bag, drain the juices for gravy, roast potatoes, carrots in sherry, boiled broccoli, and homemade Yorkshire pudding. Mmm!!

• Sounds like my mums cooking, your making me hungry!

• Haha. He has a fondness for my beef curry too - I don't do jar sauces unless very late and tired. I do curry powder, create my own paste and build. I do an apricot and beef curry that he adores haha. Love creating new recipes :)

• I had to vote D :o
    I can do reasonable things when I try but I don't come much futher than the microwave or making scrambled eggs or spaghetti :-(
    A typical guy I'm afraid *feels very shy* ...

• I can cook, I ain't got nothing on my mother though she's the pro in the family.

• I don't mean ta brag but Gordon Ramsey is my bitch. He worships me

• As a professional nerd I've always thought of cooking as doing chemistry in kitchen XD
    Give me the recipe , a list of ingredients and watch me make science happen in the kitchen. Don't help me , watch me!

• When I'm not lazy, I can be a decent cook. Stir fried chicken/beef/shrimp with veggies and pan seared wild salmon are my specialties. Of course, I can make other stuff such as spaghetti and meatballs, breakfast foods, and anything that has to do with grilling. I love grilling, and boiling lobsters as well.

• Pro and proud !

• I have the feeling I am slightly less than B but more than C

• I can... well... boil water,

does that count?

• Yeah man deffo can cook something up other than processed shite like most students are eating these days... even takeaways

• i am a fine cook

• I can cook hella good lol sometimes even better than my mom ha

• i try to if i have to, i dont cook major meals tho

• Does microwave count as coming?

• i can cook good food to hit all your macros.

• Yep I can cook
    I like cooking

• I am a great cooker ( says me ) 😂

• depends on whether or not I feel like getting off my ass and spending more than 5 minutes in the kitchen.

• I think I can, but I also purposefully try to reduce cooking time by buying canned foods. There is only so much time in the day. Maybe I should change this. I cooked an egg white omelette today. Not exactly rocket science.

• I can! I'm making masala fish steaks right now!

• I love cooking..

• In real B, but i try like a fcuking master chef😎

• Scrambled Eggs and some instant noodles only :/

• Yes i can cook more than chips , and i can make best spaghetti.

• I'm not a pro. But I can throw it down in the kitchen.

• I'm decent in the kitchen

• i am...

i had to live on my own with no mommy or daddy so i had to make it work.. lol

What Girls Said 38

• I can cook well. I'm confident and comfortable in the kitchen, but I'm also still learning how to use and blend spices / flavours.

I'm no pro, but overall my dishes turn out well.
    I'm working on perfecting my yorkshire pudding. My last one fell, but I'm hoping to make one for the next family dinner and push my skills further.

• Would you like some tips?

• The trick with Yorkshire pudding is to make sure the oil is really hot. Like REALLY hot. You want to have a really nice fluffy batter, lots of air in it. I'll show you the recipe I use for them, perfect every time. www.bbcgoodfood.com/.../james-martins-yorkshire-puds

• Thank you for the link. I'll surely give it a try again using those helpful tips and this recipe :) I'm sure it'll turn out better!

• I can cook, but I'm not pro. I continue to try to broaden my recipe cookbook and try new things. It's difficult to find things I can actually eat. But I like to cook for others.

• I can cook some pretty good ice

• I'm not bad. No expert. I'm a picky eater so I won't eat many things that take an immense amount of skill. But follow a cook book, yeah no problem.

• Can I ask how you are a picky eater? Perhaps I can help? One diabetic, one gluten free (and he was dairy free for a bit) I am queen of picky eaters haha

• No, I have a fairly balanced diet. I eat mostly healthy things anyway, so I'm not really worried. My mom and I have built up a good chart of foods that are just fine and ones that are a 100% no. Luckily, the foods I eat tend to be better than me rather than bad. It's mostly unhealthy foods that I avoid the most.

• Well it sounds like you and your mum are on it and eventually you may be able to combine things but slow and steady. I'm glad for you.

• "A" for Absolutely, @Hiddden_P...
    However, "B" Now for Boil water mostly, But "C" Chef of the Century years ago.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• I consider myself a good cook but then I am not much interested in cooking fancy meals. Prefer eating more of raw and spice-less food.

• Raw and spice less? Like... Smoked salmon? I assume you can cook chicken and the like?

• Thank god for like, not like raw chicken and raw eggs and raw beef lol. Thank god!!

• I dont even know how raw chicken or beef tastes but raw eggs xD YUKHHH

• I voted B. I'm certainly no expert but I think I can cook fairly well. :)

• I love to cook and am pretty good if I do say so myself.

• i can do more than oven chips and fish fingers

• I can only do the basics. You won't be getting a five-star restaurant type of meal from me.

• I love cooking :D Give me I recipe I'll try it, I've made some stuff from Pinterest before that turned out pretty good

• I do my own cooking, so a lot of simple foods (mostly raw actually), but if I want to get fancy and bake a cake for example, I'll have to follow a recipe, and the recipes I take from websites always go well fortunately. :D

• i cook healthy lol so not many people appreciate my cooking. My mom and brother love it because they eat like me too. I voted b because even though i can cook well, its an acquired taste i guess

• i love baking and cooking
    and will try my best to cook well, especially after watching Masterchef LOL

• I was extremely lucky in being taught how to both cook and bake by my mother, and at times by my grandmother.

• I've been cooking since I was 6 years old.

• I can cook most things but I suck at gravy

• I can cook with step by step guide

• I'm not terrible; but I'm not good either.. I also hate cooking with a passion. Like.. I'd sooner starve rather than cook a decent meal. Yikes..

• I do ok my friends & family say I'm much better then that.

• I'm far from a pro, I can cook basic things.

• I can cook, but not as a pro

• I can do everything if I have the recipe, ingredients and equipment.

• There's very little that I can't cook or can't learn to cook.

• I can put stuff together and follow a recipe. My best thing ever is grilled chicken and cheese lol.

• In Training

• the only thing I know/ tried to do is cake and I hate cake

• Yes, I can cook.

• Anything I touch becomes burnt.

• I can just cook Iranian food.

• More from Girls
    8