Is chewing and spitting considered an eating disorder?

Ice recently been doing this new thing where I chew the food and spit it out? Does anyone else do this? Also is this bad for you and is it considered an eating disorder? I've never had any eating disorders before but I have lately been depressed.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes that's bad

Most Helpful Girl

• You already know it's bad because you're asking about it. Please find a doctor and therapist.

• I just don't know how to tell people. .. I don't want my family to be disappointed in me.

• Good thing I told you to see medical professionals instead of your family then

What Guys Said 1

• You need help

What Girls Said 2

• Yes. It's basically the same as anorexia. You chew for flavor, the habit and spit to avoid calories.

• Well why do you do it? And do you ever swallow food?

• I don't know why I do it... I mean I know I'm not fat I just always feel disgusting after I eat. And no not really I only swallow what I can't spit out.

• I suggest you talk to someone about this. It's good that you don't have body image issues (from a weight perspective) but you should address why you feel that way after eating.