Does blending fruit decrease their sugar contents?

I have a green juice every morning with 1 cup of spinach, 1 kale leaf, 1 banana, 1 cup of strawberries, ginger, and chia seeds. I worry about my sugar levels, and am wondering what effect blending has on fruits?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's almost no sugar in that. It won't make a difference in your body. Besides that's natural sugars so it isn't that bad. Your body needs a minimum amount of sugar to function anyways. You can't eliminate it 100%. Worry about artificial sugars from man made ingredients. You're fine.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've heard that blending fruits and veg actually decrease the amount of nutrients but I've never heard of it decreasing the natural sugar content, so I'd say it wouldn't

What Guys Said 2

• The sugar amount is the same but it is getting into your system quicker. Insulin spike could follow. Shouldn't be an issue with just a banana and strawberries (which don't contain a whole lot of sugar.) Hopefully you are blending and not juicing the stuff. You need the fiber to keep sugar levels steady.

• Know it doesn't. Diluting the solution doesn't alter the number of solute particles in the container.

What Girls Said 4

• Do you feel you have a sugar level problem? If not, there is no problem.

• I don't think so

• It is the same but your body will absorb the natural sugar faster. You really shouldn't worry about fructose because it's not like you're eating processed sugar straight from the bag. It's a natural sugar and your body needs it to give you energy.

• Is there a difference between sugar that makes you gain weight and sugar used for energy?

• Sugar in excess will make you gain weight. Fructose will give you energy if eaten in its natural state + the fiber will help you stay fuller longer. Plain sugar, like the kind used in processed foods like cakes and stuff, will lead to weight gain if eaten in excess.

• How would blending something decrease its sugar content?

• I didn't ask to get a snobby remark.

• How is that snobby, i was asking a serious question?

• Adding certain liquids to things can dilute acidity and other substances in foods. Like adding water to apple cider vinegar and shaking it increases the pH. So I figured I would ask.