Does blending fruit decrease their sugar contents?

I have a green juice every morning with 1 cup of spinach, 1 kale leaf, 1 banana, 1 cup of strawberries, ginger, and chia seeds. I worry about my sugar levels, and am wondering what effect blending has on fruits?

0|0
5|3

Most Helpful Guy

• There's almost no sugar in that. It won't make a difference in your body. Besides that's natural sugars so it isn't that bad. Your body needs a minimum amount of sugar to function anyways. You can't eliminate it 100%. Worry about artificial sugars from man made ingredients. You're fine.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've heard that blending fruits and veg actually decrease the amount of nutrients but I've never heard of it decreasing the natural sugar content, so I'd say it wouldn't

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• The sugar amount is the same but it is getting into your system quicker. Insulin spike could follow. Shouldn't be an issue with just a banana and strawberries (which don't contain a whole lot of sugar.) Hopefully you are blending and not juicing the stuff. You need the fiber to keep sugar levels steady.

0|0
    0|0
  • Know it doesn't. Diluting the solution doesn't alter the number of solute particles in the container.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Do you feel you have a sugar level problem? If not, there is no problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so

1|0
    0|0
  • It is the same but your body will absorb the natural sugar faster. You really shouldn't worry about fructose because it's not like you're eating processed sugar straight from the bag. It's a natural sugar and your body needs it to give you energy.

0|0
    0|0
    • Is there a difference between sugar that makes you gain weight and sugar used for energy?

• Sugar in excess will make you gain weight. Fructose will give you energy if eaten in its natural state + the fiber will help you stay fuller longer. Plain sugar, like the kind used in processed foods like cakes and stuff, will lead to weight gain if eaten in excess.

• How would blending something decrease its sugar content?

1|0
    0|0
    • I didn't ask to get a snobby remark.

• How is that snobby, i was asking a serious question?

• Adding certain liquids to things can dilute acidity and other substances in foods. Like adding water to apple cider vinegar and shaking it increases the pH. So I figured I would ask.