Which is cheaper, healthy food or unhealthy food?

• Healthy
  • Unhealthy
  • I don't know

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on the county you live in. I live in Nigeria and fruits and vegetables aren't really expensive. The thing also is fast food isn't cheap in Nigeria. We have a Johnny Rockets and a meal is like N5,100 ($15) . Not many people can afford that much for 1 meal, whenever I go there there aren't more than 2 people there. A salad is like N1,700 ($5). The not so healthy food is literally 3 times more expensive than a salad.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's cheaper to go healthy. For the price of a MacDonald's i can cook 2 or 3 super healthy meals.

What Girls Said 7

• By way of visual amounts, you can get more unhealthy food with less money. loke looking at the physical amount, and spending the same amount of money you will see that you get more unhealthy food. But, after consuming food you get full faster with healthy food. So, in the end you spend the same amount and eat less but feel full quicker and longer using less food and fueling your body with good nutrients for long lasting energy and all around better health.

• I dont know where people live that healthy food is cheaper. for the first time last week i bought completely organic food and spent so much money i nealry cried.

• Unfortunately, unhealthy food is waaaaay cheaper.

• Unhealthy is way cheaper

• Unhealthy. Thats why the have $1 menu at McDonalds

• Everytime I go grocery shopping candy, soda and other unhealthy things are cheaper than the healthy stuff (meats, veggies, water etc)

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 6

• Healthy food can be cheaper only if your willing to spend the time preparing it youself. Every Sunday evening I spend 1/2 hour cutting up lettuce, peppers and celery for my weekly luncheon of salad. $10/food for lunch vs. spending $40 week for prepared cafeteria food.

• unhealthy is cheaper most of the time, but I don't think it necessarily has something to do with it being unhealthy

• Healthy is always more

It's a tricky question in a way , if you buy healthy in a supermarket it costs more than regular food if your buying organic but of course regular food will be cheaper and make more if you compare to unhealthy expensive fast food so it all depends on how you look at it

• Healthy. As long as you cook at home

Exactly. I agree. It is actually laziness that is expensive, not healthy food.

Those people that are to lazy to cook are also too lazy to go the gym.

True. You could even eat a whole bag of chips every week and also exercise 4 days a week and be much healthier than someone that doesn't eat that, but sits on their but all day every day. Exercise is the most important part of a healthy lifestyle.

• Healthy is cheaper. What unhealthy food can you get that would provide as many meals as a store brand of cereal that comes in those large bags?

Like $2.30 is literally close to 18 bowls of cereal.

• Healthy food is cheaper in the long run... less hospital bills..