Where do you go shopping for groceries? What is the name of the company?

If you feel comfortable in doing so, you may write your city and the local grocery stores near you. If not, then you may just look up the weekly ads of the grocery stores in your area online and try to find anything that is around a dollar, $2 maximum. Consider the quantity of food you get under $2 and how many meals you can make with that quantity.

This is my challenge for you.

Most Helpful Guy

• I live in Windsor, On. Closest stores are metro, frescho and a small store called westside foods. Chicken drumsticks were on sale for 1.88lb, I'm making shake n bake! Love that stuff. Potatoes on the side is a must and the farmers market around the corner has corn. So if i eat half a pound of chicken for 94cents, a side of potatoes is like 20cents and the corn isn't much more than that. So maybe a buck-fifty?

Are you sure you are buying them on sale? I think you should read my previous myTake.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a30585-the-dollar-menu-that-consists-of-real-food

The point of this question is to get people conscious about how much they are spending on processed food, as opposed to whole, unprocessed, bulk food.

Urban area. One store is 3min walk, the other two are 5 to 7 min bike ride. The farms are all at least 20+ min bike ride. It's a small city just over 200K, metro area 350K.

I live in a suburban area. The small local downtown is only 2 miles away. The shopping center with all the stores is about twice that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wegman's, Giant, Food Lion, Trader Joe's, etc...

What Guys Said 4

• Shoprite, Stop & Shop, and Key Foods (NYC).

• Stop and shop , is what it's called where I go

I can get at dollar tree if I really want to eat cheap, everything is a dollar there

I believe that eating low in calories is actually cheaper than eating high in calories. You may think that manufactured, processed food is cheap, but in reality, they are not. They are convenient, but can only make one mealtime, not two or three mealtimes. Therefore, it is much easier to lose weight than to maintain a healthy weight or gain weight on a tight budget.

Yeah your right and got that figured out well

• Central Texas, HEB.
    I'm too lazy to care about quantity and price, so I fail your challenge.

• I stay in Central Cali and I go to Whole Foods Market, Target, and Walmart

In my area, those stores tend to have the priciest items and not always the best selections. Whole Foods Market is probably a nationwide organics/health food supermarket chain, but the prices are sky-high. How much money do you spend on groceries per week and per month?

I get paid weekly so I spend 106.00 for two weeks worth of food but I shop there because I have a Gluten Allergy so I have to eat Gluten Free but I just get there Goat cheese pizza, girlfriend raisin brand, and there girlfriend oatmeal lol I get the rest at Target and Walmart they're both really cheap lol Whole Foods does cost a lot though

What Girls Said 1