What is the best way to cook chorizo?

spicy pork chorizo. it's a type of seasoned sausage. how should i cook it?

what is the best way to cook chorizo?

• fry in a skillet
  • deep-fry in oil
  • boil
  • bake
  • grill over charcoal
  • other (please specify)
3mo girls don't have time for sausage they just hit and run...

Most Helpful Guy

• Slice the chorizo into oblique cuts. Render the fat by cooking the slices on medium low heat in a large saucepan, then remove the slices.

Add equal parts flour (about the same volume as the fat in the pan) and create a chorizo fat roux by mixing the fat and flour to form dough.

Add chicken broth or water into the pan and raise heat, adding dry pasta of choice. In a separate pan, sautee the chorizo until edges are crispy.

When the soup is thick and the pasta is al dente, add in the chorizo. Deglaze the sautee pan with an alcoholic beverage and add that to the soup. Season as needed.

Baaam.

Most Helpful Girl

• Fry it in a skillet with a little oil. Its also good to mix with queso cheese for a dip with tortilla chips ;)

What Guys Said 17

• Grilled over charcoal is the best way, but otherwise, you can fry it in a skillet.

You wouldn't want to boil or deep-fry it - it's already loaded with fat that needs to render out, so you need medium heat for a decent bit of time (10-15 minutes) to allow it to cook thoroughly.

Chorizo is a pork sausage with garlic and paprika and some kind of hot pepper as a spice, just FYI.

• I love it fried in a skillet, and then cut up, with eggs and hashbrowns. It makes for an amazing breakfast.

And I can't help but find it hysterical that the picture of this well known portugese/spanish/mexican sausage (those are, to my knowledge, the three most prevalent types, with actual origin being in either spain or portugal) is a japanese ad.

• Either grilled or fried. I think it depends on the chorizo too. There's some that are better grilled than fried, and vice versa.

but why are some green? is it basil?

@mouthofswords yeah but red chorizo is red because of the paprika, which also adds lots of taste to it. So I figured the green tastes different cause there's no paprika.

Definitely not a paprika taste, the mex chili ones don't over power the pork taste and give it a kick in the spicy department. The red chorizos are much tastier in my opinion specifically due to the paprika. I love them both though.

• I prefer grill over charcoal because it gives it a nice smokey flavour, but oven is the next best thing.

My least favourite method is boiling. Sounds outdated.

i know but i like to boil stuff to disinfect it and get harmful stuff like pesticides and pests out (not really in the case of meat tho lol)

• I would bake or grill them, and when you think they're almost ready, give them a little cut to see if they are :D
    Yum yum!

• Theonly time we use chorizo is usually with paella... So it's just cooked in there. out of those options... I'd grill it

• I usually use charcoal. I've also thrown it on my smoker before with some apple wood to give it a sweeter flavor.

I've marinated them in a honey base sauce with jalapenos and thrown them on the bbq and they were fine. The applewood smoke sounds awesome though, gonna try that.

@mouthofswords If you have a smoker look online for the book"smok and spice" by Bill and cheryl Jamison. Book is full of great recipes for the smoker. If you don't have one, get one there a great investment if you like to grill.

That is worlds helpful, will definitely check the book out, thanks!

• Grill for sure

• I usually fry it, add scrambled eggs, onion, garlic, chili powder, & jalapenos. In serve with warm tortillas.

• Chorizo is usually a breakfast food so I usually fry it on a skillet. I rarely eat it though.

• Fry it in a skillet

• I use it in a tomato based pasta sauce that I make. It gives it an amazing flavor.

• I've never seen chorizo links -- only ever just ground chorizo. I like it in eggs.

• on a pizza. or in a stew soething that has to let its flavours develop.

• check foodnetwork. com

Bobby Flay has a recipe for that :)

• Try on the fire

• I'm hungry now after reading through this topic. Thanks Coco :P

What Girls Said 5

• Fry it in a skillet but don't add any oil, the sausage has it's own oils so when you start frying it the oils start to come out and that will help you fry it, the oils get every where with the spices so it's better to just fry it.

• I would bake it ^^* YUM I feel like chorizo now :(

• Grilled

• Deep fry that bitch

• Nothing beats a BBQ. Fried is also good, but definitely don't boil it.