Drinking a bottle of wine a night, alcoholic?

Hello, I really need some opinions on this im very worried about my mom and i dont know what to do at this point. My dad walked out on us 2 months ago and for 2 months my mom has been drinking a lot of alcohol I didn't realize just how much until I took the trash out and saw how many bottles was lined up. She drinks a bottle a night I have only seen her not drinking maybe 4 times in 2 months but for the most part of 2 months she has drank a bottle every night , I asked her if she feels like she needs to drink and her response was "no but otherwise im not enjoying myself" I don't really know what to think after that kind of response?

What Guys Said 1

• It depends how you look on it, some people will just say that is 3 large glasses of wine which doesn't sound like much but a bottle a night is defiantly way more units than recommended which defiantly isn't healthy. Addiction must mean that she feels like she needs it, if she can go weeks without drinking and not experiencing any withdrawal symptoms then I would think she isn't addiction simply she is a heavy drinker which is something completely different but still should be dealt with before it turns into addiction or dependency, to me it sounds like she is dependent which is different from addiction the reason why it sounds more like dependency to me is because her response basically saying that she depends on the alcohol to enjoy herself but she doesn't need it , I think you should talk to her about it though

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah that's a problem...

• I don't know if that crosses into alcohol problem territory, but all that sugar has got to be making her feel worse.