Why does this tangerine taste like celery?

Is that normal? It's not sweet or sour or anything. Just plain with a grassy celery taste.

Most Helpful Guy

• The longer they sit on the tree, the more flavor they have. Store bought tangerines always lick ass, because they have to ship them long before they are ready and then artificially ripen them. I grew up with a tangerine tree in my backyard and ate them by bucket full at perfect ripeness... Ignorance is bliss.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never heard of that, that is strange! It is probably just a low quality tangerine.

What Guys Said 2

• Usually when tangerines taste more watery than orangie, it's because they are probably picked too early then ripen on the way on the transfer trucks to the stores. So they don't fully mature naturally so to speak. Also, they could be really dry.

• that is normal. tangerine doesn´t taste anything like celery. celery is bitter, while tangerine is sweet/sour. it´s probably not ripe yet or something.

What Girls Said 0