I mean, I've been to parties with alcohol before, no biggie, but it wasn't an issue because I didn't drink. (Have had alcohol before, just not in party environment).
With this next party coming up, I want to drink, but I want to make sure I don't do anything I regret.
What are you tips for drinking safely?
Most Helpful Guy
1. Have a friend with you who could take care.
2. Check out if there are any potential dangerous people around.
3. Only drink one type of alcohol at a time.
4. Eat before and best eat some white bread inbetween.
5. Drink water.
6. Don't drink too fast. Let the alcohol take effect - it takes around 2 hours for it to fully impact you.
7. Don't sit the entire time - it can make you not notice being drunk. So stand up and walk around every once in a while.
8. Don't be tired/exhausted.2
Most Helpful Girl
Eat a good meal before going out.
Wear flats. Your legs and feel will thank you.
Do a quick brush up on good music that's recently came out, movies in the theater, the local sports teams, etc. Thst helps make small talk with new people you may meet.
Don't take shots if you aren't a practiced drinker or drink party-wide mystery drinks at all (usually punch and everclear with other gross junk thrown in).
Don't get peer pressured into drinking a bunch at once, like beer bonging, if you aren't a very experienced drinker.
Don't leave your drink laying around. Don't leave your purse or phone laying around.
Drink some water in between booze drinks to keep your wits and not feel terrible the next day.
Go places in pairs - especially to use the bathroom because it's usually more secluded.
Don't take drugs on top of a lot of booze, don't take drugs from people you don't know or if you aren't sure what it is (weed can be laced and pills especially may not be what the person thinks and frankly are dangerous to play with).
Don't go with a guy to get something out of his car or to look at something in another room, even if it seems mundane. It's generally just an excuse to isolate you.
Don't do anything that feels dangerous to you, like climbing on the roof of the house or swimming while plastered.
Don't drink or use drugs and drive. Don't get in the car with someone intoxicated.