Does alcohol damage most organs?

I'm 20 years old and a alcoholic i've been drinking everyday for 4 months and have recently been classified by my doctor as a alcoholic. I know that the liver takes a bashing from alcohol but what other organs can also be damaged due to alcohol abuse?

Most Helpful Guy

• Lots, you're damaging your body at a growing stage, the end of it but nevertheless at 20 you're at your peak mentally and physically. You are significantly increasing the risk of developing life long patterns. Its also possible to cause some permanent damage

Liver, brain, heart valves, heart, lungs

Do track, sports, swimming... develop and set the pace for a happy body. Drink and smoke your dope after 25

Most Helpful Girl

• my old roommate was an alcoholic. He'd drink a whole bottle of vodka every night for almost a year. then he started puking up blood and lost his job because he was always hungover. he would always be passed out on the yard or i'd hear him accidentally break a glass cup. not fun. his liver took a beating though, so did his brain and stomach.

What Guys Said 5

• It screws up a lot of your body. The guy across the street was an alcoholic for years. Then one day he collapsed on the floor puking out blood because his guts were eaten up. He was also ugly, with the typical red bulb nose, poor complexion, and generally looked like shit.

Why did the doctor say you were an alcoholic? Because you drank every day for four months?

• Obviously the liver is taking a battering but everything else is to a lesser degree. Only solution stop now before you so yourself real damage.

• Definitely, maybe.

• sorry to tell u that u will die within next few years If you keep heading down this path

• Mostly the brain and the liver, maybe the kidneys also. I'm not a doctor, though.

What Girls Said 3

• Your brain...

• It damages your liver, kills your brain cells, and your kidneys might fail.

• Your heart, pancreas, and stomach can also be damaged.