Should I continue to cook?

I love to cook. People around me are constantly questioning my dishes making me not wish to cook at all. Should i do what I love?

Most Helpful Guy

• What are they saying? Are you putting chocolate pudding on a pizza or what?

I don't know... experimenting with food is how you discover how to make things better. Like the person that thought it would be a good idea to slice of cheddar on top of an apple pie. Fucking delicious.

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell them to keep their mouths shut or you're not going to share your delicious foods and eat them yourself.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes absolutely!

Lol given the other make coments yours is the most succinct

• Of course do what you love

• Yes, continue to cook. Ignore those food snobs.

Cooking a shows could help. My mom taught me to cook growing up. Maybe your mom can share or teach you skills in this

• Keep on doing what you love to do

But my love comes from others loving what I cook?

Oh that's not it either

I've cooked for so many people and their coments are always in drools... but my father always picks at my food

• If you love it then take cooking lessons

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• What do you mean question your dishes?

if you cook and no one eats it but you, just make smaller portions, but still do it. If everyone eats it - continue doing what you do.

No my food rarely lasts past the door. It's the "in process" I'm worried about

Your English is terrible... I really don't understand you...

Lol English must not be your first language then. Making smaller portions would fix nothing. Your advice us bad.

• What about your food are they questioning exactly? If it's the taste, see if you can tweak the dishes somehow. Everyone can use some improvement.

• Do it! Don't let others spoil something you enjoy. Do they eat what you make? If so they're probably just funning you. If not, and you like it, more for you!

I enjoy creating foods others enjoy. Eating it myself is not the same :(

Maybe they're just curious about how you make it so wonderful.

Hmmm. Well I don't like having every dish I make questioned. For example "you're going to add more of this or that" or "you're going to salt pepper or season it right?"

• Don't let the criticism of others affect you in a negative way. You love cooking, so don't give up on it.