I got a sub, and it's been in my purse all day? I was out, and about?

I really want to eat it should I? I mean, I am aware of time temp. abuse. I had a CTE class in hs, and I've taken serve safe. I just really want to eat it. It's so good, I don't want to waste it 😭. What do you suggest?

2mo I'm really tempted to eat it, even though I probably shouldn't...

Most Helpful Guy

• best to err on the side of caution and ummm not to. especially as mayo and or chicken dont like warm temperatures. thats how the bacteria grows.

That's true sighs*

if you want to eat it: go ahead im not your mom. just enjoy your salmonella poisoning...

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't eat it to be on the safe side. Food poisoning can be an unpleasant experience. In 3 hours there could be 51,200 bacteria on your sub. That's just 3 hours. You've had it in your bag for the whole day 😐 Was it hot during that day? Or cold?

It's was like 80 degrees here. It was just soo good it's hurting my soul. Your right though, I'm going to toss it 😭.

Haha omg definitely don't eat it then lovely! Burn it! BURNNN IT 😩

What Guys Said 6

• probably ok. veggies should be fine. i'd just give it the smell test. the condiments should be ok'ish. the biggest concern is that meat collects bacteria after a very short time outside of a refrigerated area... but still i think you'll be fine

build you immune system

• I eat stuff like that all the time. For example food that's been out all night. However if the temperature is really high, like over 100F, and there is real mayo on the sub, I might not eat it. Real mayo will be worse than meat.

I'll eat almost anything, even moldy cheese or bread (without cutting it off). I like to exercise my immune system and keep it in tip top shape. :)

• Does it still smell good? If yes id eat it. There's only one way to find out!!

• Eat it or I'll tell the starving kids in Africa about you.

• Just microwave it to boiling, cool it then eat it. Duh.

• But Pepto, Gatorade and eat it! Either way you'll be prepared.

What Girls Said 6

• Don't do it. Take this as a lesson and remember for next time.

• So hey, did you end up eating it? I would have totally eaten it!

• Agh, I dunno about eating that. 😕

• Eat it but it might taste weird due to the toppings

• I'd smell it if it smelled alright I'd eat it-lol.

• Was it in heat throughout the day? If so u might get food poisining. If it was cool or at least room temp it should be fine. Be careful though, it might be good but you dont want to get sick.

It was like 80 degrees so it was totally hot here

Oh no 😮... personally i wouldn't eat it