What are eyour favourite substitutions you use in baking? What's your favourite treat using these subs?

I like swapping coconut oil for butter. It's an easy swap (1:1) and it adds a soft sweetness to cookies and squares.

I also like baking with honey instead of sugar but that requires a lot more work and thought than a simple 1:1 swap.

Most Helpful Guy

• Almond flour, coconut flour, oat flour for regular flour.
    I've always used a good extra virgin olive oil for my fats haven't tried coconut oil yet.

Coconut oil is great but you have to keep in mind that it will affect the flavour so it's not always appropriate.

Most Helpful Girl

• i like to use butter instead of oil or shortening

What Guys Said 2

• Coconut or Almond flour is an amazing substitute, with some things it actually enhances the flavour.

Cacao powder instead of chocolate, so much richer and healthier.

I've never sedan either of those flours. I've made my own oat flour and used that before when I've started something and realize I didn't have flour haha

I usually use whole wheat flour and sometimes spelt flour, but spelt is a bit tricky and it's better used in stuff that you want to be nice and fluffy.

• When a recipe calls for lemon juice I always substitute my own urine!

What Girls Said 0