What kind of dessert should I make for Thanksgiving this year?

Im considering making a cheesecake or a Pecan Pie. Should I buy one premade or make it from scratch?

Most Helpful Girl

• Make the Pecan Pie, well, or the Cheesecake. Both are pretty easy to make. There are even no bake cheesecakes and if you buy a pie shell pre-made it's literally pouring goop in and letting it set. You can also bake mini versions of the two using muffin tins for the cheesecakes and making Pecan Tassies using mini cupcake pans.

Most Helpful Guy

• If u have the time, make it from scratch! See what everyone else is going to bring, so you don't bring a duplicate item.

What Girls Said 13

• How did it go? I think cheesecake is best... premade is delicious but from scratch would be an interesting adventure.

• Mom, cheesecake. I approve of that.

• Macaroons ;) or the standard cheesecake lol

• Cheesecake!

• pumpkin pie

• You should make sweet potato pie c= It's delicious.

• Pecan pie and make it from scratch. Making it from scratch shows you care about the people your going to share it with that you cared enough about them to put the effort into making it from scratch rather than taking the easy way out.

• Mmmm yes make cheesecake... can't go wrong with either one as both sounds festive.

• Ooh homemade pecan pie!

• Pecan pie!!!

• bake a caramel swirl cheesecake

• apple pie from scratch

• Dude Thanksgiving is in like a month and a half. Wtf

yes but I like to plan in advance

Anyone who does the main cooking understands this. I cook everything for Christmas for a about 25-30 that come over. There is no way I'd start that planning in December. You have to plan for sales, buy stuff cheaply ahead of time, order things far in advance if they aren't usually found locally, get all the dishes, cutlery, etc. It's no easy feat. Also if you've never made these dishes, practicing ahead of time is a good thing.

What Guys Said 9

• Oh OH OH OH! BANANA PUDDING! Do it. Do it. Dooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiitttttttt.

That 'nana pudding monkey really hooked me on that shit from a young age.

That was my grandmothers famous recipe and I do have it. I could pull it off

According the 2011 census there were 177,185 Americans living in England and Wales so it’s becoming increasingly fashionable for restaurants and pop-ups to host Thanksgiving meals.

Also a lot Yanks will be coming to the UK on vacation so they will need to be fed. Here is a list of places to find Thanksgiving dinner in London plus a round-up of the 13 best places to go enjoy a Thanksgiving feast in the UK.

Does Britain have an equivalent?
      Yes, it's called Harvest Day, although it's a lot less of a big deal. While we usually take a few non-perishables down to our local church and enter our autumn vegetables in competitions, Thanksgiving in North America is a much more plentiful and extravagent affair.

Does the UK care about Thanksgiving?
      Yes, sort of in a commercial sense, although we maybe don't realise it. Black Friday first arrived in the UK five years ago when Amazon thought it would try its luck bringing the American shopping sensation to a new market.

@GUYFROMUK Ah okay. I suppose we can share. ^^

• I have just the thing. Pumpkin cheesecake.

https://youtu.be/xKteiAi5h7Q

Making it from scratch is always more fun! And you can take pics and write a "how to" myTake.

That looks awesome. and thanks for not being a smartass like the first two answerers

• Pumpkin pie and cherry cheesecake and coconut cream pie

• Im a pecan pie person. with coffee

• I'm thinking about homemade pumpkin pie and homemade cheesecake. I also make pumpkin juice and butter beer.

Butterbeer sounds good. You mean like in Harry Potter?

Just curious what is it like?

Soda and whip cream. That's mostly what it's made out of. You can freeze it or regular. It's delicious and sweet. It's basically a creme soda. Butterscotch is the flavored whipped cream.

• cheesecake

• Anything with an autumn feel to it. Like pumpkin pie for example

• I think for holidays go the whole hog and make it from scratch.

• Ice cream.