What is it like to be a Vegan?

Vegans what is it like to be Vegan? and because of your diet how does it make you feel from day to day?

I have been wondering about this would love to hear about it Vegan's :)
I'd love to hear your stores :)

What is it like to be a Vegan?

Most Helpful Guy

• I remember westerners are confussed fish is meat or not?
    for me fish is meat too. So Vegan may eat fish too.
    And My liver is not good these days.
    I saw something but a little forget
    I think it is not good for vegan
    So be vegan is not totally healthy

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm not sure how many vegans are on this site so I'll answer anyway, but am a vegetarian (still use animal products but have a mostly plant-based diet) and can say I have a lot more energy, better skin, and weigh less than I did when I was on a non-vegetarian diet. Forces me to make more creative meals and feel more experienced in the kitchen as a result. It's also a good conversation piece when people you just meet discover you're vegetarian or vegan. Obviously vegans are more extreme and serious and sometimes look down on vegetarians but I would still say my diet is extremely healthy and non-cruel compared to most people around me. That's been my experience with a plant-based diet.

Side note, you start looking down on people when you first successfully start out. Maybe you're first few months you start to question why more people aren't vegetarian/vegan so I can see why vegans have a bad stereotype of forcing veganism down people's throat and being generally condescending. You just have to catch yourself and realize insulting/looking down at others won't influence or change a meat-eater's mind, but will push them away instead.

What Guys Said 8

• 1|0
  • Most people who say they're vegan they lie, i saw a woman (i guess she was Spanish) in airport who had an almost green skin, i said: excuse me mam, i don't wanna be rude but I've to ask why you look green? she answered: because I'm vegetarian, sir.

kinda weird but I'm sure if you cut her hand she would bleed green blood :

• Don't know but I'm never gonna find out I love meat to much and I know better.

• I don't know I need animal protien

• It is AWESOME!!! I've been vegan for years!!!

• dont know and i'll never know because i love meat

• I guess you don't meat many people...

• I can't live without eating some kind of meat!

What Girls Said 7

• I'd imagine it's difficult. I am on a dairy and gluten free diet and I think that's hard enough, couldn't imagine cutting out all animal products from my diet. It's not even necessarily difficult because there's nothing to eat, I'll admit that vegan alternatives are getting better every day in terms of taste but they are very expensive. Also you can't, say, have a cookie or a slice of pizza at a party most of the time because chances are they aren't vegan cookies or vegan pizza, you have to bring your own food basically.

• I am vegetarian since birth due to religious beliefs. I eat dairy products in good amount.
    I prefer vegetarian food because that's what I have been eating since childhood and hence I'm more comfortable with it. Also many animal products have peculiar smell which I find annoying. I use separate utensils to make eggs (like once in a year) because of the same reason.
    It is just a food choice to me, without any philosophy attached to it.

• It's amazing. it's a lot of work in the beginning, and it's a big learning process, but it's fulfilling to know what you're putting in your body. It's also great to feel so good. Like I'm never bloated, or I never overeat and feel sick. It's pretty awesome. I recommend if you're trying to loose weight or just want a healthier lifestyle.

• It is great:) Been vegan a couple of years now and i can proudly say im never going back!

• They love to tell you! Don't even need prompted. Just kidding I say it with love. But I can't picture never having another fried corpse in my mouth.. more power to them!

• I love it and to this day 12 years on I don't look back.

• Sucks