My diet is in need of some veggies!! What kind of veggies do you guys like? Recipes or advice please?

So I have lost five pounds from changing up my eating habits, but the most I eat for veggies is a salad for dinner. Which I'm sure isn't that nutrient dense.

My daily diet

Hard boiled egg
Two slice bacon

2 Mandarin oranges or cup of grapes
Fiber bar or almonds

Chicken breast or tilapia fillet
4 oz baked sweet potato or whole wheat something

1-2 cups Mixed salad greens
Boiled egg
4-5 oz Diced chicken
1/4-1/2 Avocado
1/4 cup corn

My day is about 1200 calories give or take. And I have been working out daily. But I'm getting kind of bored with my salad. I need some healthy no starch dinners. What do you guys eat? What's your favorite vegetable?

Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm on a 1200 calorie diet as well. After doing that, I've lost 7 pounds so far. What I typically do is fill up my meals with vegetables to help me feel full. So, no matter what I eat, I put veggies in it like cabbage. Seasoned cauliflower is good as well, and if I make dishes that normally have to do with rice, I sub the rice for grounded cauliflower.

I think one head of cabbage is like 224 calories, and you can't go wrong with that, especially if you cook it right.
    www.iheartrecipes.com/.../cabbage3_wm.jpg

Good job!!! And that dish looks amazing. How long did it take you to lose the 7?

I'm getting on the apple cider vinegar train asap! Thanks girl!

No prob! Just make sure it's the one that has unrefined and with "Mother" In it!

What Guys Said 12

• Spicy peppered carrots? Julienne several carrots and start sauting them in a pan with a little olive oil. a little splash of Sesame oil, a touch of sea salt, then a little black pepper. saute until just tender, then add some of the dried pizza pepper flakes, to your preference. I make that on most holiday family gatherings and everyone just loves it!!
    Same thing with Cauliflower, or Broccoli. With asparagus, I do the same thing, but add red pepper slices when I add the black pepper. They get mushing really fast, so you have to watch them, and just get them a little tender.
    You could also try stir frys with various vegetables. maybe a little chicken, or lean pork, just cooked through. Take it out, then add your chopped vegetables, hardest, crunchiest first. Stir fry on high heat with a little soy sauce and sesame oil, then add the softer ones, and so on, then add the meat back at the end, just to warm it. Bowl of seasoned vegetables with just a little lean meat. Serve over crunchy rice noodles, rice, or ramen noodles.
    I also have a great Pad Thai sauce recipe that I worked on for a while. . .

• Actually, that's a pretty healthy diet you have going there. For vegetables, though, I like broccoli, celery, carrots, peas, leafy greens like spinach and lettuce. If anything, bump it up a little at lunch. Toss that chicken breast onto a bed of spinach and cover it with spaghetti sauce. Trust me, it'll taste good. =^.^=

• I like broccoli, asparagus, onions, red skin potatoes, corn, yellow and green beans, cucumber, bell peppers, fuck I can just go on forever.

Try a chicken and broccoli casserole, soooo good.

Oh that sounds really good!! I love anything I can just throw in the oven

Its so easy too, just cut up chicken and broccoli, add a can of cream of broccoli soup, salt pepper and breadcrumbs. Then put a little bit of cheese on top.

Or stuffed peppers are always good!
      Stir fry too

• I recommend buying the shredded chef cook book, off of amazon great book with tons of great recipes including salads and meals with vegetables.

Half the book is for building muscle mass the other fat loss.

And my favorite vegetables are corn, green beans, potatoes, spinach, zucchini things like that.

Spinach may not be the best tasting thing in the world but you'd be hard pressed to find many vegetables better for you then it.

• I love red and green bell peppers with dip. Fresh green beans (never canned or frozen) with sliverd almonds, onions and a small about of fat either butter like a tablespoon i use i think for the whole thing which nake sbaout 2 cups would be fine or just some olive oil. Put them in aluminium packets and put on the grill with whatever meat I'm grilling.
    Sometimes I'll use baby carrots and then use sugar free maple syrup on them. Thats good.

• You can never go wrong with celery, it actually burns more calories to digest celery then you gain from eating celery, if I remember right celery is roughly around -1 or -2 calories, so eating celery helps you burn faster. Any green veggie is good to help with immune systems and other things, reddish, onions and sulphuric veggies help your sinus, heart and helps burn fat. Bahk choi, a Chinese cabbage, is also healthy, rhubarbs are fairly healthy, putting cucumber slices in your water not only tastes good but it's healthy. Cactus is fairly healthy too but you will need extra virgin olive oil to cook it in, extra virgin olive oil reduces your chances of heart attack and more, it's also one of the healthiest cooking oils out there. Carrots are good for weight loss and helps improve eyesight and your skin. I forgot what their called but it's like a baby corn thing, looks kind of like an ear of corn but the size of baby carrots and their soft and bendy are good too

• If I remember rightly @RJGraveytrain is into healthy food

• you want non-hybrid food for health

What are hybrid foods?
    Hybrid foods are “missing vital electrics, they are unnatural and high in both sugar and starch
    Hybrid foods will not grow in nature. They are crossbreed food which must be nurtured and protected by humans or else they will be overcome by birds, insects worms, fungi and bacteria. Some common hybrid fruits are: seedless apples, several date varieties like kiwis, seedless pineapples, seedless citrus fruit, seedless grapes, seedless persimmons, seedless watermelons. Common hybrid vegetables include: beets, carrots, corn, potatoes, celery, and cauliflower. Common hybrid nuts, seeds and beans include: cashews, oats, rice, wheat, wheat grass, soy, legumes, and most beans. Common bybrid herbs include: Goldenseal, Ginseng, Echinacea, Chamomile, DonQuay, Aloe Vera, Nut Meg, Comfrey, Garlic.

• I line steamed broccoli, boiled and seasoned brusell sprouts, garlic, herbed asparagus, Caesar salad, a regular spring green salad.

• Eat them raw or they're not as good for you.

• I like asparagus, roasted parsnips, bbq'd cabbage quarters, stir fried bean sprouts etc...

• What about a cauliflower risotto?

What Girls Said 13

• Well the beautiful thing about healthy eating is that it doesn't have to be boring. If you know how to cook and you know what you need.

I should point out however, just as a side note, that you have little to no calcium included in your diet which isn't good. As a woman you're more prone to osteoporosis as you age so keep that in mind.

Rather than writing you a whole novel I suggest you try going online and looking up recipes. That's what I personally do when I find myself getting bored with my food. There's tons of info out there that can help keep you from getting bored and slack off.

Thanks for your post (: yeah I guess I didn't realize I didn't have calcium haha, I have a weakness for cheese and while creating my meal plan I avoided any sign of it. But I should probably try to incorporate calcium in some form!!

That'd be best.

• You know what's really yummy? I put broccoli and cauliflower in a dish, sprinkle with a little bit of grated cheese, and bake in the oven --and it's the most delicious thing I've eaten, all the veggies are crunchy and the cheese adds that little bit of salt that's needed. I could eat the whole dish.

Ooh yum!! What temp do you bake it at and for how long?

Cook the veggies by themselves for 1/2 hour at 350 F, take them out, sprinkle the cheese on and then cook for 10 more minutes, and voila!

• i try to add vegetables with every meal

for your breakfast you could sneak some sauteed onions and bell peppers in there

for dinner my go to veggies tend to be broccoli, (i add onions to almost all dinner dishes), sweet potatoes and asparagus

• Guacamole
    More salad
    Mixed veggies with your meals (try steamed, sautéed, carmelized, etc)
    Vegetable soup
    Veggie snacks (carrots, bell pepper, cucumber, maybe have crackers and cheese with it to make it more interesting)
    Add veggies to your favorite soups and pastas etc
    Add veggies to smoothies. You usually can't taste it and if you can it tastes awesome! I like to throw together my favorite blending fruits (mangos peaches etc) with spinach and kale etc.
    Try veggie wraps. I just found a recipe with sliced cucumber, carrots, red pepper and baked tofu. I'm sure you can find a wrap recipe you'd like!
    Try veggie juices but add fruit for taste if you like! Very healthy

As for kinds of veggies I like:
    -lettuce, spinach, kale, carrots, bell pepper, onion, corn, potatoes, tomatoes, cucumbers, peas, zucchini
    I tolerate: everything but celery 😂😂I hate it. And Brussels sprouts.

Its important to eat a wide variety of vegetables. I suggest doing some research online on it! I'm still trying to incorporate more vegetables myself

• I like carrots, green beans, peas, lettuce, tomatoes, corn, cauliflower, broccoli, potatoes, and boiled cabbage. Some I love with butter and salt. It's amazing. I love the California Medley mixes. Those are good. I love sweet corn! Sweet corn is good by itself! Carrots, I like them cold or cooked. Here's a meal you can try. I believe it's origin is Germany! Totally delicious! You can try Potatoes, Cabbage, and Corn Beef. Really really good. You literally just boil the meat with cut up potatoes and cabbage. I'm even craving some right now.

• Roasted Brussel sprouts-just the sprouts rolled around in olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted in an oven at 400 for 20-30 minutes. pan sautéed broccoli in a little chicken stock, cauliflower "steaks" cooked in a grill or fry pan-a head of cauliflower sliced in one inch think "steaks" oil, salt and pepper and grilled or high heat fry pan.

• Spinach, bell peppers, carrots, cucumbers and celery are my favorites.

• I love mushrooms, onions, tomatoes (although I know these are technically fruit), peppers, etc. I like to cook mushrooms and onions into my omelets or in scrambled eggs and I like marinara with a lot of vegetables in it to put on stuff. Sautéed mushrooms and onions are really good to put on just about anything too.
    I also love salad with vinaigrette dressing on it. Spinach is also one of my favorites and can go with about anything!

• red bell peppers & dip
    melted cheddar broccoli

• Spinach

• I would remove the bacon out of your diet. That's processed meat.

For vegetables, I would recommend adding non-green vegetables into your diet. You eat a lot of greens, but what about red tomatoes, orange bell peppers, orange pumpkins, green watermelon rind, purple eggplants? My favorite vegetable is the bok choy. When served with tofu, it tastes heavenly!

• Chicken and brown rice soup with carrots, zucchini and red pepper.

Brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar and a dash of cayenne.

Steamed broccoli with lemon and pepper.

Roasted butternut squash and kale

Spinach and tomato omelette.

Pan fried apples and onions.

Cabbage and carrots.

😍

• Damn that's paleo

Haha I didn't think about that, but yeah I guess it's pretty close.