What is the correct what to eat your salad?

Before or after the main dish? People always tend to eat it before, but if there is really a science to back that up. or people eat it before because there is some nutritional and healthy issue that comes into play.

Most Helpful Guy

• For my girls, I always gave them their vegetables first whether it was a salad, carrots, or what not. I wanted them to develop good eating habits and if you put the lasagna in front of any age kid first, they're going to go for that for pure biological reasons. I think that it's worked as so far, my girls are definitely more fit than the American average. Just two weeks ago, I brought dinner to the table without bringing a salad first (I felt the main entree was already vegetable heavy) and both my girls protested saying "Daddy, where's the salad?"

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• I tend to eat beforehand - I find it a nice appetiser

• 1) Throw it in the trash (give it to a rabbit instead if you're feeling generous).
    2) Have a steak.

• Id say before because people tend to overeat so that would fill them up.

• I always eat it with my meal

• it varies where I live. You can have a salad as starter, as garnish or as main dish. All very common

• 0|0
  • im veggie so eat it as a main

• With the main dish, if I have a salid I usually have it as a side.

• Before. So you don't over eat the main course which is lot of calories.

• Before you have anything else so that if you fill up you've filled up on the healthy stuff.

What Girls Said 9

• How about on the side?

When you say on the side you mean before then not eat it at the moment you eat the main course?

• Before, starters are either salads or soups, then you get the main dish & then you have a dessert, usually something sweet, sometimes cheese. You can have salad as a side to your main dish or even AS your main dish though.

• It's a cultural thing and depends on what country you are in. In Europe I've had it served after the main meal. Here in the states I either have it prior to my entree (the usual at a restaurant) or along side my entree often at home.

• on top of soup :p

really though, i find part of this is cultural. in some cultures, they eat it after, just to fill the stomach and clean the palate. in some, they eat it before the main course. i personally, prefer eating it after or during the main course.

• I eat it just by itself, haha.

• I eat it before

• i've been hearing that before is better but i've always tended to eat it towards the middle or end.

• I don't know

• Have it as a meal. Actually it was my lunch/breakfast w a muffin.