Have you ever tried to make chocolate or cheese fondue at home?

in your experience which works better?

for both chocolate and cheese

• the ceramic type that is heated by a candlehave you ever tried to make chocolate or cheese fondue at home?
  • the appliance typehave you ever tried to make chocolate or cheese fondue at home?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes.
    Gruyere and Swiss cheeses. White wine, garlic, lemon juice, small amount of cream sherry or sweet brandy. Most uniform heat is a crock pot, unsliced sourdough bread cut into cubes. Bon appetit.

Most Helpful Girl

• At home we make cheese fondue a few times in winter.

do you add white wine?

oh, does it make a big difference?

Not a big difference with the drops of cherry alcohol, but the white wine makes a big difference. However it is possible also to make this fondue without fondue.

I go in private this evening and send you a message regarding this famous fondue.

What Guys Said 7

• I'm not a good cook but I know melting chocolate involves warming it up to exactly the right temperature or it's a complete failure :o
    So if you're not very good with it I'd suggest to try the cheese alternative :D
    I would screw up completely Coco. No idea what burnt chocolate smells like but that would be the odour in the house :-( :-(

• I can't even make coffee

• voted for B

• only did once chocolate fondue at a friends hone... it was an electric one and worked fine

• No opinion. I'm really not much of a cook at all.

• Nope haven't yet.

• Both.

Cheese fondue requires the appliance, though I don't use electric, I use one that uses a small fuel burner. That type is also suitable for meat fondue where you have either oil or stock heated and then cook food in it - similar to hotpot though different flavors.

"chocolate fondue' is as far as I know an American invention. I've had it a couple times at home, it uses the candle type because chocolate just needs to be body temperature to melt.

What Girls Said 7

• No I haven't ):

• This is a things from my country :)
    I do this every time and neither of them is really good for fondue the best is stoneware.
    I have 3 different one for which fondue (chocolate, meat and cheese) of the brand of le creuset. It's the best for fondue.

After to choose between the two ceramic is better is it's fragile (you need to wait for the ceramic bowl to be cold before washing it if not it'll break. this happened to me before). I wash it when it was still hot and my ceramic bowl cracked.

• we have a candle fondue set at home. it works fine. though i imagine the appliance type would keep the food warmer, longer.

• Sadly I haven't.

• Never made at home.

I like A. Cuter. Enjoy it!

• Yea we did the fondue thing once or twice.

• B and it's amazing