Ideas for potluck?

hey all, I'll be attending a potluck dinner on the 30th for a writing group I'm part of but have no idea what to bring. I was considering making my mom's Spanakopita (Greek spinach pie) but i don't want to risk people not eating it. does anyone have ideas? preferably not something too cliche like casserole.

thanks :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Something like a big bowl of chili or a seven layer salad usually goes over good, or even lasagna.

Most Helpful Girl

• California rolls, spring rolls, bbq drumsticks, if you want to do spinach you could do a spinach dip with some bread.

I think the spinach pie sounds amazing tho...

What Guys Said 2

• That spinach pie sounds gorgeous, I would certainly enjoy that

• Anything on a stick.

What Girls Said 3

• What about some Swedish meatballs and you have your options of all sorts of sauces. You can eat it with the meatballs only or make rice or noodles on the side. Or Rotel cheese dip with ground turkey/beef and bring tortilla chips on the side.

Both very quick and easy and different than casserole.

• Things that are individually portioned and can be eaten without a plate usually go the fastest in my experence. I like to use a muffin tin to add a new twist to recipes.

• I had made noodles with veggie and beef
    It became a fav in class and for teachers