Does alcohol save you from problems?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

Most Helpful Guy

• Alcohol CAN save you from problems. The downside is that it creates others.
    From the perspective of a functioning alcoholic, I've been able to solve some pretty big problems after drinking. But like I said, it creates others. Forgetting the health problems, there are times where I am so unstable or feel weird because I need a drink and sometimes because of it, i don't want to go to work. so, answering your question, it depends. Some people can't handle alcohol, those are the people that drink to drown their sorrows, people like me, we use it as a tool, as a boost.

Most Helpful Girl

• If anything, it makes you fall much more deeper into problems. It's could to kill off those painful emotions (sorrow) but it's only for a little while. Till you drink frequently and it becomes a problem

What Guys Said 39

• 1|0
  • Never tried it to solve problems. I took a sip or just a little bit of alcohol (wine or what, I don't know) when I was 18 or 19 and said "Yuck!" - Never drank it again.

• definitely not. it just provides a temporary escape

but often times can exacerbate your problems

• No, it does not. It rather adds to your already existing problems.

• With the experience of more than 30 years drinking behind me let me tell you the answer is a big NO - It only complicates them.

• No, but it can potentially ruin your life.

• Honestly I just drink because I enjoy the drink itself I don't drink to get drunk or make my problems go away.

• It's a temporary solution to a long term problem. @Ciscum is right on the money on this one.

• Not drinking alcohol saves me from problems with my liver.

• No because I barely drink any.

• It might look like it if you are in a desperate situations, but all it does is creating new ones which make you forget the other ones.

Alcohol is not a solution

• No, I've lived with a Alcoholic father and i lived with a cousin , who is age 40
    and trying to quit but i have sixth sense.

• if being sober is your main problem then yes

• Nope
    That's bullshit
    It causes problems instead

• Alcohol does more bad then good and personally if you're drinking it for personal problems like a break up etc. I see those people as weak minded people

• Nope it actually creates more. If anything it's a temporary escape.

• My problem is alcohol

• Dooooooooooooooood sun drink pls

• It helps me forget about the problem

• nope, just makes more

• Personally I think its both a physical poison and a emotional and physiological co out for when your dealing with problems

• Don't even think of it 😂😂😂

• No, but people who want a reason to drink say yes

• Nope I just enjoy having a few beers every once in a while.

• No it doesn't, its a lie.

• In the short term maybe yes, but if you look at the bigger picture then you see it is self destructing behavior so no. Alcohol can never solve a problem.

• No way!

• lacohol is a way of loosening up and having a good time not erasing your problems.

• No it doesn't @triss are u thinking about drinking little lady? No don'tšŸ™…

• Nope. But, it does put you to sleep.

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 19

• Alcohol can never save you from your problems. This is not the right word. It can make you forget for a little time but it doesn't make your problems disappear. It even makes things worse, because you're wasting your time instead of facing problems and trying to cope with them.

• Sometimes it does, but sometimes it creates more problems ie drunk talking. Drunk talking either offends or amuses. Pray hard that it is the latter and not you rambling on about all your dirty little secrets.

• Lol no, it's a temporary "solution" in the respect that it makes you stupid to the world around you, but it doesn't fix anything.

• No, because alcohol usually exacerbates depression. It doesn't get to the root cause of your problems. Only a clear , alert , focused mind help you accept or resolve issues that you have

• Nope, it's only a temporary fix. Once the hangover hits, you remember your problems and just have pain to accompany it.

• Nooo, but it can definitely create some problems. You might forget them for awhile but they'll still be there when you sober up

• No. It doesn't save you. It distracts you.

• not at all

• It distracts you from it, but the problem is still there

• Not really, alcohol just tends to amplify whatever I'm feeling at the moment. So if I'm sad, I will just be more sad. It's not even a temporary solution, much less so a long term one.

• It hides your problem, but does not take it away. When your sober its standing there again.

• No, it only momentarily numbs them.

• No, but it sure is a lot of fun until it's not.

• Nope

• absolutely not

• yes.

Did you try it?
      Did it save you?

if I tried alcohol? of course
      if it saved me I don't know because it is a strong word I prefer helped

• Ask my dad he's been an alcoholic for over 20 years nothing has changed for him lol.

Sorry to hear that 😔

Thats alright :) I know at the age of 16 there constant societal pressure to drink but only do it when your ready and if it appeals to you.

• no.
    my ex. a functional drunk sigh, there were times he would tell me he has to drink less. I never said anything about his drinking... nice guy but, he is an ex.
    he called me 3 weeks ago, he said he won't stop.
    i know his issues... but better to keep him away. i can't help him

• Nah, the next day you got problems and rampant diarrhea. 😂