Do you allow your food to touch other food on your plate?

• Yup. I just pile it on, and eat it up, touching all the wayDo you allow your food to touch other food on your plate?
  • No way. My food has to be seperated outDo you allow your food to touch other food on your plate?
  • My food shall NEVER touch under any circumstance. This might be clinical.Do you allow your food to touch other food on your plate?

Most Helpful Guy

• Mostly I prefer it not to touch but it really depends on if the two tastes good together.

• 29d

I prefer some general separation, especially with things that have a sauce because they can make other food soggy, but I'm not throwing away food because a little got into the other. I will say though that I saw a picture of a Thanksgiving plate where the person had piled everything on the plate including a slice of pie and the gravy from the turkey was all under the pie, and I just couldn't handle that. What kind of monster does... that!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• I try to give each food its space, but things end up touching a bit usually. It doesn't bug me.

What Guys Said 18

• Mixing food is one of my favorite things to do while eating. I feel bad if they don't mix. Almost like it's... wrong...

• I'm actually from outerspace, so my food floats in the air. And no, I do not let them touch each other

• It touches a little bit but if I was to keep it so spaced apart then I would look like I have OCD , lol

• It probably starts off as B but I don't mind it mixing

• eh it depends... I hate it if things that aren't supposed to mix get together... like fries into the sauce lol. But with other things it doesn't bother me at all... like in the pic of option B.

• 29d

Am I wrong if I thought that food gets mixed in your stomach anyway?

• 29d

@goldfinch23 the thing is... in the stomach it makes no difference. In your mouth it does. The feeling, taste, texture of the food changes... if I eat fries then I don't want them mushy and soaked with sauce. It just doesn't taste as good.

• 29d

^^^This

• Only in a few cases do I allow my food to touch... but in a lot of cases, I'll use a separate plate

• Yeah mate I just fucking down it

• Yeah the only exception to the rule are peppers I don't allow any food to touch peppers.

• Yeah. I didn't used to, but I've relaxed on that a bit.

• most food i keep separate but a few foods i will mix

• I like to eat one thing at a time so no I don't like my food touching my other food drivs me crazy lol

• I put some small Gandolfs between food types, on the plate.

• Sure, why not? This sounds like an OCD question.

• Yes of course. Its all gonna be together when its in my stomach.

• No, my food has to be separated.

• Depends on what I'm eating.

• It depends on the food itself

• Voted A.

What Girls Said 23

• I don't like certain flavours to mix, like tomatoes and creamy pasta sauce, but not wanting food to touch at all is a very typical autism spectrum trait. Well, among many other amazing things :) Interesting question though

• I don't care about it touching but I absolutely can't eat it mixed, so I always have to eat one thing at a time and once that's finished I can move on to the next haha, it's usually vegetables first.

• Voted A. Food touching doesn't bother me at all. Lol

• I don't mind it touching, but if green and orange is touching it makes me feel weird so I separate them

• 90% of the time, combined.
    A few things separated, diff. taste.
    At the end, they all go in one place.

• Option B

• 0|0
    • 28d

Come on! That plate is so high you couldn't bring in a knife and fork to cut any of it! It literally looks like the scraps from everyone's plate at the end of a meal.

• 27d

It ain't my plate, just a photo I found to illustrate my answer.

• 27d

I usually eat using chopsticks so, it ain't a problem to me.

• Nope. Haven't touched since i first developed my eating disorder

• I don't like my food touching
    My plate looks like B

• I prefer my food not touching, but I'd rather have it touch than have less food on the plate :D

• I don't mind if they touch, tbh

• Pile it on. The more food the merrier.

• My food must be separated. I can't stand when it's touching.

• Pile it on. What do you think happens after you swallow?

• No seems to be normal in the UK though

• i'm fine with it touching

• No, I keep it all separate, even if it means different plates lol

• Meh Idc lol

• Yes, I don't care

• Depending on the food :)

• Yes.

• I pile it up. By the time I split it up, the food would be cold

• Kinda, but more like c. I use things to make barriers between the food. Didn't know it was a thing til recently where I keep seeing pics and posts about it.