Just turned 21 what's your favorite alcoholic beverage and what is a good beginner drink?

The only alcohol i like so far is smirnoff ice orginal. What drinks would you suggest for a newbie and what are your favorites?

Most Helpful Guy

• There are brilliant wines with a huge range of tastes. For white, maybe a Chablis to start and for red a Merlot. Don't buy the cheap shit!
    Cream sherry or a dessert port might also be good starting points, but they are fortified, so the can sneak up on you.
    For liquor I like single malt scotches, preferably neat, but that's an acquired taste. You could try whiskey with soda or lemonade but for pity's sake don't waste a single malt on a mixed drink.
    The only use I have for vodka is in martinis since I can't stand gin, and is excellent with liqueurs. For example, a French martini would be 1 part vodka, 1 part Chambord, and 2 parts pineapple juice.
    Disaronno is really nice, try 1 part with 2 or 3 parts tonic water and a generous squeeze of lemon.
    For pre-dinner drinks I like a kir (a wine cocktail, Chablis & cassis) or a glass of Lillet, dry sherry, or a Campari & soda with a squeeze of lemon.
    Enjoy in moderation.

Most Helpful Girl

• For a newbie I'd suggest sweet wine or beer. My favorites are many, if I have to pick one is jagermeister

What Guys Said 8

• gin and tonic, tequila sunrise, cosmo (I don't care how girly it is, that shit's delicious)

• Real good beer

• Gin and tonic, strawberry daiquiri, tequila sunrise are good and not too strong.
    I like beer, rye and ginger or just a whiskey on the rocs are my favourites but more of an acquired taste.

• Chocolate cake shot

• Alaskan amber is my favorite, not too many bars carry the brand.

• Maker's Mark whiskey straight up.

• A fuzzy navel, it's vodka, peach schnapps and orange juice.

• olmeca tequila..

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know much about rtds but mojitos are great so is good ol boubon and coke

• Tequila... just do it!

• I like mojitos, they are sweet and the flavor is just awesome! You can drink a lot of them and not worry about the awful taste of rum :)