Do you care how animals are raised and treated before you eat them?

Like chicken or turkey or cow?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes Yes Yes I Do Do Do!!!

I eat meat, but I love animals. I love cows, and want all farmed animals to have a nice life by the standards of what they find important to enjoy themselves.

I can't buy eggs, so I dont eat them, because of battery egg farming and the unbelievably shocking cramped, imprisoned conditions they live in. I saw a documentary one where theyre never let out of their tiny cages, stacked in rows fifty cages long, and six cages high. Never. Let. Out. And their cages are so small they can't even turn around. Its one of the worst things I've ever seen in my entire life, and its terrifying thst there are chickens in that situation right now. Not just in places like India and China either. Also in America, Britain, France, and so many other countries. There should be a revolution to free them with militant armed groups, its so bad. Free range eggs are better, but how much can you trust egg farmers that theyre always free range? Eggs are 'just farts coated in substance' anyway (Dylan Moran)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. You may think of them as "just food" but they're living, sentient beings. This is a big reason why I'm pro hunting FOR FOOD ONLY NOT TROPHY HUNTING, because at least the animal lived freely.
    I'm against factory farming and buy meats from farmer's markers. I try not to eat much meat though because I just can't bear to think about the once living creature on my plate.

Like what luck is it that I'm born a human and not a male baby chick that gets thrown in a grinder and killed. Or a cow that is forced to milk til it bleeds. Or a pig trapped in a cage with its own feces until it becomes bacon.

These are things I fight with to ignore and I'm probably going to go vegan again. I go vegetarian, vegan etc. But it's a bit expensive and time consuming. but I'm definitely going to challenge myself to do so.

What Guys Said 14

• I disagree with some methods yeah. I prefer just to shoot them or stab em through the head like I do when hunting or fishing, it's clean and painless for the most part.

But what about their life conditions prior to death?

That's what I mean. Like do you think it's right that a chicken gets only an iPad worth of space?

@BuchitaBuchys Well like I said I can't make that judgement because it varies each slaughterhouse or farm does it differently. but yeah for the places that do it it's not a good thing.

• yes, but not enough for it to change my buying decision.

Now if there was some kind of extreme where I found out some company was being more cruel to the animals than any other company and they weren't much cheaper than other brands, then I would make the switch.

Same with strange chemicals.

I'm far from an animal lover but creatures shouldn't be subject to cruelty because someone is impatient or just an asshole.

• Yes. As a muslim, it's important to me because the way the animals are raised and treated determines whether or they are halal. Animals are supposed to be treated with kindness and they are supposed to fed the right diet.

• Yes. Here in Ireland most, if not all farm animals are free range. One reason why an FTA with the US scares me. The yanks can keep their agribusiness bullshit.

• I haven't eaten meat for a year now.
    Seriously messed up how they treat animals nowadays.

I went plant based for health at first, but seeing how unethically they slaughter those animals it gave me even more reason to stay plant based.

Good for you! I've been one for forty years. Stay away from tofu (its toxic) eat dem beans/peanut butter and dark leafy greens. Its risky being a veg as a teenager, so tc!

Well, you have this on lock! It took me years to learn the correct way, lol. Im sure you are eating organic as well. Its nice to see people like you in the world that actually care

@jjesica346
      Thanks and you likewise!

• ya... because it affects their nutrition and what is going into me...

if u are asking me on some kind of animal spiritual level... no

• It's not so much that I 'care', because I don't. But certain ways of raising the animals translate directly to better taste.

• Yea who knows i might get reincarnated as a cow... I loved to be petted on the head before Im shot. Instead of punched, raped, and shot.

• Yes I care ofc

• Yes. I would pay more for the animals to be treated well.

• yes... i only eat free range organic animals. I personally cannot justify eating caged hens etc.

• yes,

• It just makes me sad to think about, so I just ignore it.

• Yeah it tastes a lot better if we grow them ourselves.

What Girls Said 8

• I am plant based so that's my answer lol.

• No, cows, chickens, lamb, deer, and fish are food.

• I do not want to get food from a farm that mistreats animals

• Yes. I myself am a locto-vegetarian but I wish all things to have lived happily and not be put through hardships. It breaks my heart when I see animal cruelty but I try my best to see both sides of the situation.

• Yes. My mom buys kosher when she can afford it. But she usually does buy kosher meat.

• Nah, long yay it tastes good

• Ignorance is bliss

• No, I just like food