Why are people so pro eating meat and hates vegetarians yet when the Chinese man eats a dog everyone loses their mind?

• Because it's not a western standard. Dogs don't belong in the group of animals as food
  • Because vegetarians are annoying but I will join their battle against meat eating when it's a dog that's on the table
  • Because dogs are cute and meant to be kept at home to be pets. #Mansbestfriend
  • Because some species of animals lives are just destined to be eaten. Porky pig..#Mansbestfood
  • Other

What Girls Said 6

• Dietary laws. That is how I got to look at it. You do need meat in your diet because it does something that a vegetarian diet cannot fulfill nutritionally. Dogs, however, are not animals to be eaten. There are no health benefits to eating dog or cat, or even rats. People eat that because of their culture. The Vegetarian diet is a lifestyle. Eating meat, however, is essential to our diet as long as its clean meat from the right sources. Unlike eating pig, which is against certain cultures, dietary laws or religion. But nobody should hate the other because their way of eating is not the same as yours. If you hate what they do, then fine. But hating the person is wrong. But it also leans into the option that some species of animals God had said is okay to be eaten and which is NOT okay to eat. Not to just tell us what to do. But because some of these animals are slowly killing us, making us get some diseases, and certain cancers.

• Well duh they go to your house and put soy sauce on your dog and before you know it they serve you your dog Jk. Thou.

• Hypocrisy at its best.

• Because being Chinese and eating dog are disgusting. Besides, it's THEIR dog and he ate it without asking permission. I'm not even sure he killed it first.

• I don't know, I don't eat things with heartbeats.

• For the same reason vampires are deemed evil for simply feeding on humans?

What Guys Said 3

• I think it is different standard, I am surprised white girls eating rabbit and horse, but I understand why Dog should no be eaten. They interact much with people.
    However, What is real problem? I think maybe that humen see the process. Japanese take students to see pig factory. They have the same reaction. But food in front of them are not like that。You can not feel eat animals. But you should believe that is developed. Without factory , you wull kill them by yourself and eat. And Maybe you should think again is it nature.

• Well, I don't freak out about it, it's not normal in this country to eat dogs, but it's normal for that area, just like it's normal for another Southeast Asian country to eat cats, and another eats fried rats... but we find it disgusting because it's not the "Western" way. Too bad, it's their culture, stop trying to change it to conform to some arbitrary standard.

• Because in Western culture, dogs and cats are considered companion animals who are both friends and can anything from bodyguards to pest control.

Not to mention, both are predator animals. It's why deer and cows are common menu items in the USA but who the hell has ever had roast wolf?