What are your favorite desserts that are referenced in books and movies?

I couldn't find a recipe for the dessert I wanted to make for Thanksgiving. The only recipe I could find required something pre-cooked by default that doesn't count as homemade. As a replacement, my nerdy self wants to find a dessert referenced in books of movies. Some examples would be the "chocolate" pie Minnie made from The Help, which is one of my favorite books. Or pumpkin pasties referenced in the Harry Potter books.

22d I decided on lemon cakes, referenced in game of thrones and Sansa's favorite dessert
And butterscotch cinnamon pie, referenced in Lord of the Rings. I have very religious family members and I was planning on taking advantage of that. I wanted to make blood pie referenced in game of thrones, so that way when they ask what pie is it, I can say with a straight face that it's blood pie.

What Guys Said 8

• The only one I can think of is the Wonka Bar.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...9cee149089.jpg

This is a Wonka Bar cake, but maybe instead of a cake, you could make a pumpkin strudel, and cover it up like you would cover a cake.

• 22d

If you wanna go full Game of Thrones you can make Frey pie lol just need a couple of Freys.

• Fucking turkish delight.
    It looks so good in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.
    I tried to make it a few years back and it didn't turn out well (not solid enough, also didn't have rose flavoring so we used almond extract and it was way too sweet).

Ordered some on Amazon, and the taste was alright but I'm not sure if the consistency was what it's supposed to be like, and the pieces were pretty small.

So I'm still on the quest to find some that looks like it did in that movie.

• Is blood pie like blood pudding cause thats what wikipedia says it is

• The everlasting Gobstopper or Wonka Bar

• Creme brûlée and tiramisu

• I immediately though "Turkish Delight" from Narnia but then I googled it and it looked gross

• dragon balls
    it makes your breath horrible

• The Stuff in the Stuff looked really good.

What Girls Said 2

• I would do lemon cakes, Sansa's favourite, or maybe figure out how to do turkish delight from the chronicles of Narnia :)

• can i have a list of them?

• 22d

Yes, I'll make a my take about them.

• 22d

Authentic Parisian macaroons! (they're delicious and colorful :) )
      Chocolate Eclairs (creamy and delicious)
      Tuxedo Cheesecake (The cheesecake factory one is enough to make God's angels fap fam!)
      Brownies/chocolate chip cookies (Ooey gooey delicious)
      and finally Warm baked Cinnamon apple pie (mmmh cozy and home-y :) )