What's the strangets food you've eaten?

Me, the one that comes to mind is sandworms. Steamed, served on a bed a vermicelli noodles and lots of minced garlic.

This is what they look like before they are cooked. About as big around as your pinky finger and 6-8 inches long. Nasty looking things. They are also served sashimi style and fried, like a tempura, they look like french fries this way, but they taste especially disgusting fried.

What's the strangets food you've eaten?
I've also eaten balut, duck blood soup, bee larvae, durian, basashi. The most disgusting thing i've eaten is beef honeycomb, by far the worst, makes my stomach turn thinking about it.

What about you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Interesting how our flavour palette doesn't appreciate critters and odd sources of sustenance - but a tasty burger hits the spot...

Larvae look kinda juicy
    cms.edgardaily.com/.../bear-grylls-larva.jpg

• 12d

ill try just about anything once... live bugs would not be among the things i will try

• 10d

he didn't even answer your question... stregest food "youve" eaten.

• 10d

@Grumps we'll i promise one of these days to give you mho for something :)

Most Helpful Girl

• *Blooded pig stew
    *Balut (i like the soupy part, the rest is yuck!)
    *Chicken intestine (accidentally thought it was sticky rice balls with sweet soy. i was so wrong. bleh!)

What Guys Said 11

• Yes, I've been living in China. The mother of one of my students dared me to eat friend insects... I had no problem, but they needed some kind of sauce to go with them. I think much like bee larvae.

• 12d

yep, asia generally has the weirdest foods... sea cucumbers, jellyfish, sandworms, horseshoe crab, snakes, bats, giant salamander, you name it...

• 12d

*fried insects! Snakes aren't bad eating..

• 12d

i once had cobra... and snake blood wine, snake isn't all that uncommon, where i grew up in the US you could find it around

• Sheep's head
    Dog
    Balut (ewww)
    Crickets
    So you don't like this for dim sum? :P
    www.thedeliciouslife.com/.../bao-beef-tripe.jpg
    That shit is delicious!

• 12d

I can kinda deal with that, i mean i dont like it, but im not gonna ask for it. The stuff im talking about wasn't just the lining it had all the stomach attached, it was like a giant white slimy stomach steak... and it was absolutely disgusting... and you are talking to a person that likes balut.

• My late Maternal Grandma use to make Cows Tongue
    now i am older i could never eat it, i ate it when i was younger.

i5.photobucket.com/.../BeefTongue.jpg

• Some kind of seafood

• I'm not that adventurous of an eater :/

• I've eaten fried bee larvae, crickets, and grasshoppers. I also like organ meat, such as cow tongue, pig intestines (chitterlings), pigs feet, liver, etc.

• 12d

organ meats... i like liver, the rest is just nasty... beef honeycomb is just like heads and tails disgusting above anything else I've ever eaten.. yuck

• 12d

Omg! I love tripe! I've had cow brains before also. Both are yums :p

• 12d

i can eat some tripe, and do often in like pho where it's light, but beef honeycomb is like a slab of stomach steak... ugghhhh

• Nothing too strange... Maybe baby octopi...

www.willflyforfood.net/.../kuromon4.jpg

• squid

• A live cricket.

• silk worm caccoon

• sea food is the strangest

What Girls Said 9

• It's not weird but caviar? Lol I hate the taste it feels weird to think that you're eating fish eggs😷 I was 8 the first time I tried it, saw my dad eating it and he loves it, so I tried it and cried lol I thought it tasted sweet (it looked like jam 😅) but it tasted like sea water😖

• 12d

haha, the poor girl, how long did it take you to recover?

• 12d

It was more the deception than anything else </3 xD
      I'm easily disgusted by "non traditional" food, I don't know if it's the good word, but yeah :x even rabbits. or snails, or any flying animal that isn't chicken is strange to me, although they're part of our cuisine :x

• I can't think of anything weird I have eaten. I'll just list things most people don't eat on a regular basis. I tend to eat them on the regular though (except the worms). I have had worms, quail, alligator, frog, squid. All yummy. I only had worms once and were seasoned like Doritos. I don't think I'll ever eat them again. Everything else I eat about three times a month.

• 12d

i gre up in texas and you could definitely find all those things around, they werent common but quail, frog and squid were definintely on the menu from time to time... the worms, not so much.. im not a big fan of worms but if i had to eat them again, id probably opt for doritos flavored

• 12d

My grandpa used to make squirrel dumplings for us as kids. That's just hunting meat though. I need to try some new foods.

• 12d

after you listed quail, alligator and frog i figured you for bein a southern gal, I've had squirrel one time, i can live without it, they're just too cute to eat

• I recently had takoyaki, which is basically balls of grilled octopus. I liked it! Very weird texture though, but the taste was really yummy. The sauce they put on top was AMAZING. Sauces make everything better.

• I ate sheep's brain many times before. It's not bad at all. I'm used to it. It's part of our cuisine.
    Some people consider snails a strange food as well. It's part of our street food, after shopping at the mall, if we have time I like to sit down and eat two bowls of snails.

• 12d

snails seems kinda normal to mee, sheeps brain is a little out there.

• Shark
    Cow brain
    Octopus (👅)
    Durian

• I've tasted fried octopus before

• I ate pigeon once, egyptians eat it.

• 12d

I've seen actually seen an appetizer plate of fried pigeon heads... with beaks still on... i didn't try it, but id try pigeon, i think a number of different cultures eat pigeons, but you dont see it in the US much.

• 12d

That's crazy, the only reason i ate it was when my friend was treating me to egyptian food. I thought it was chicken but it was actually pigeon 😳 They also eat rabbits 🐰 which disturbed me because they get to choose the rabbit they want when it's alive and hopping around.

• Bugs

• A human.