Do you eat organic food?

I do. With meats and dairy it's because I don't want any hormones in me, and with fruits and vegetables it's because they put countless of pesticides in them. Some more than others I must get organic like apples and spinach which have the most types of pesticides along with a few other fruits and veggies.

Why do you or why don't you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I eat only organic and non-processed foods but its honestly because it just makes me feel better and healthier

Most Helpful Girl

• I do sometimes. Most of the veggies I eat, I get from my veggie garden. I'm growing strawberries and tomatoes, as it's the best time to grow them during this season (Spring).

I usually get what's in season (organic wise) when I'm doing some grocery shopping. Meats? Not so much

• 6d

Spring! I'm assuming you're in Australia? Although it's important to eat organic fruits and veggies, in my nutrition class my teacher said if you had to choose between organic fruits and veggies and meats, always choose meats. It's most important

• 6d

Thanks! :)

• 4d

Thank you for MH :)

What Guys Said 4

• I don't care what other people eat.

But know this, if only "organic" food were produced, then the world could only support a fraction of the current population.

Make a list. Your name at the top. Pick four of your friends or family for the rest. Three of those must die if the world is to survive on "organic" food. Who would you choose?

You should know that apples and spinach naturally contain arsenic and oxalate toxins.

• 6d

The pesticides put into them are worse than their natural toxins. But yeah, that's the issue... But I didn't say that is the only food that should be available, but you have that available to you depending on where you live.

• 6d

No, I am stating that nature will kill you and that the reason why the human lifespan is over 30 is because of the sum of technology and the resulting civilization that technology makes possible.

• 6d

You do you.

• I dabble every now and then. I just don't buy it because it's more expensive and I'm a college student.

• I do not

• No because its over priced and a dumb gimmick

• 6d

huh not really.. i buy most of my food from a local farmers market

• 6d

Also on the plus side there is a reason people think im 25 when they meet me in person instead of 30 and that started when i started eating healthy.. 2 years ago when i ate the other stuff i looked like an old man lol

• 6d

Oh yes, ever since big corps monopolized the food industry, cancer sky rocketed. Wake up!!! Pestesides are poison! Not to mention that conventional produce (big corps) use sewer sludge for fertilizer. I think ill pay a little more. Whats really fucked up is there are a lot of products that claim to be "organic" when, in fact, the product will have a parenting company such as Kellogs.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeup, I wasn't really big on organic food and products until I started being vegan.

• No it's a waste of money

• 6d

none organic food is cheap for a reason..

• 4d

Bc you're young, when you get old... It's when it effects you. You wanna be healthy active when you're older, with having any illnesses... Eating food that don't have pesticides, fertilizers, and many chemicals... Which is in all fruits and veggies and dairy as well as meats that are not organic.

• 4d

Without having any illnesses* looking better, and feeling better.

• No lol