Anyone one GaG that can cook and make a recommendation for me?

I'd like to cook something for my boyfriend, but cooking isn't really my thing.
Any suggestions that would be ok for an inexperienced person? Relatively easy, but still like it's actually been prepared haha. I can do basic stuff, but just not that experienced at it.
I've looked around on different websites, just too many possibilities. Would love to hear your suggestions and what you've done that's worked well for you.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• What kind of food do you like? Are you a vegetarian or prefer certain meats? Depending on your general taste it might be easier to recommend something 😊
    Lasagne is generally a winner for ease. Or a lamb and cous cous salad?

• yeah, good point, more for him than me... i'd classify him as "not picky" which is good thing i guess

• Thank you!! I'll give this a shot.. He actually does more cooking than me and makes fun of my cooking lol. I dont have any aspirations to be a great cook or anything, but id like to be able to do a few basic things for him.

• Tacos or Penang chicken are easy too, but I'm sure your effort will be greatly appreciated lovely 😊

What Guys Said 12

• This is pretty easy and looks like you've put a ton of work.

https://youtu.be/Y2-nAjrsKzk

Anything else on that guy's channel is pretty good and easy to make provided that you have time and the ingredients.

• You should start off by doing pasta. Pasta is very important to be able to make I think because it exposes you to a limited number of concepts that are important in cooking.

Timing and how that can affect a dish.

You should cook it so that the pasta has some hardness to it. While your cooking it, once it gets to the point where it no longer seems stiff and you should take some out and bite into it. If it's under cooked you'll see it. A darker color in the center. You want to cook it until that is gone but not any longer or the pasta will get bloated.

It sounds silly to get this crazy over it but it makes a big difference. Once you nail this people will notice. Add some salt, everyone always puts in like, no salt. You need a lot the water is gonna take up the bulk of it. Do this at the beginning. It will help stop the pasta from sticking together. Your bound to make it too salty a couple times. It's part of learning. I like to dip whatever I'm using to stir the pot in the water and taste it. You'll soon be able to know if you've done it right just by doing that.

Now you put it in the strainer and make sure you get the water out by kinda shaking it a little. You want to be fast as you can getting it onto a plate because you want to get some butter on it. The heat from the pasta needs to be what melts it. Also add some olive oil and serve that shit to your boyfriend. He'll never know pasta could be that good.

I know it seems boring but it's the perfect springboard to "Get" cooking. Then you can move onto making your own sauce or doing it with penne or adding meat and other seasonings.

If you want to do something more exciting you can wait till he gets sick and make chicken soup from scratch. Get yourself some broth at the supermarket. Buy as many chickens as you can fit in your largest pot and fill the pot with just enough water to submerge the chickens, keeping in mind that some of the water will evaporate. Just drop in the whole chicken, that's right.

What you want to do is boil that motherfucker for a couple hours. Literally like 2. (Assuming their not frozen, that they are straight from the market) The way you can tell is that you should be able to use tongs to pull up the chicken and pull the meat off with your hands easily enough that you can stand the heat long enough to do so. Once it reaches that point, dump your chickens into the sink, let most of the water drain out.

• You can do a little less than half or even 1/3. You see the reason we cook the chickens like this is because most of the flavor in chicken comes from the bone. So your mixing the natural flavor which gets into the water (but primarily the chicken) with the foreign flavor from the broth. I personally also don't like the mental image that the chicken may have some blood left in it and using the water as an intermediate just helps me mentally separate the raw chicken from the final soup. Use this mentality: You can always add more water later.

With the chicken in the sink you pull it apart from the bone by hand and throw it into the pot now is a good time to add salt, pepper, and other seasonings. Maybe some herbs or garlic. You cook that until it's falling apart, then it's good to add noodles which will of course cook very quickly in relation to the soup. I usually cook it for a hours. I'll start at 11:00 am and end at like 3 or 4 pm (15:00-16:00)

• You should give it a shot if you don't have other aspirations

• is he into spicy food I mean mildly spicy?

season chicken legs with salt and tandoori spice and keep it in the freezer.
    next day
    1. oil in the pan (medium to high heat)
    2. add chopped onions and garlic
    3. stir it for 2 mins.
    4. add the seasons chicken legs
    5. fry it till it gets golden brown
    6. buy the kimchi sauce if you can get it.

rice

Buy basmati rice and soak it for 5 mins and drain the water and let it dry.
    1. oil in the pan
    2. chopped onions, garlic, carrots and beans. add dry raisins and cashew nuts
    3. add rice and stir it
    4. fry it until it gets golden brown.

appetizer
    1. brown bread
    2. cut each slice of bread in to 4 pieces
    3. toast it so it's firm
    4. buy organic yogurt and mix it with tomatoes.
    4. apply the yogurt paste on the toasted bread.

• easy for me because I have worked as a cook 2 years ago. if the recipe is hard let me know

• Slow cooked meat at low temperature is about as easy as it gets, and has the added benefit of making cheap cuts delicious. Fair warning: nothing is foolproof. You could slim your recipe search down to slow roasted or braised flank steak or shank of lamb with roasted veggies and mashed potatoes. I actually prefer my lamb with rice but potatoes are easier. Just don't let them boil over. As soon as the water boils reduce heat and let simmer until soft. Good luck.

• Easy recipe if you want to wow him. Get some lamb shanks and in a pan just sear for a few minutes. Now in a dish you can stick in the oven throw in the lamb with rosemary garlic onion a bit of butter and some red wine. Stick it in the oven for a few hours let it cook slow so it'll melt when you bite into it. Serve with roasted veggies or mash potatoes.

• Mac and cheese is really simple but if you're not used to cooking I'd use the box but homemade is a lot better.

• Quishe Lorraine if that's how it is spelled. Easy to make (can even get pre-made pastry), classy and delicious.

• thai curry... getting the right stuff might be more difficult than the actual cooking

• there are probably 6 Asian markets within 10 miles of my house, not sure what exactly the right stuff is, but i reckon i can find it..

• you have some basic ingredients which you will find in all recipes (like coconut milk or curry paste) but other than those you have quite a bit of freedom

you can use chicken or if you wanna keep it vegetarian/vegan tofu or just more vegetables.
      you have some classic vegetables that often get used but you can just take other ones you like.

there are many recipes and videos on how to make thai curry on the net, it's something most people should be able to do without fucking too much up.

• another idea... lasagna. it takes quite a bit of time to make it, but it's super easy. there's really not much you can do wrong and it tastes delicious

• lasagna dishes often seem complex and do have a lot of steps to cook but it is fairly easy.

• What kind of food are we talking about here?

• I can make you a frozen pizza then send it to you, unfrozen.

• I only eat spaghetti

What Girls Said 12

• Okay. This meal LOOKS hard and like it's going to be a ton of work but it's so freaking easy. allrecipes.com/.../ It even has a *video* showing you how to do it.

Allrecipes also has a guide showing you how long to cook the chicken. http://dish.allrecipes.com/the-best-roast-chicken/

So you put the chicken in and then when you have like an hour left toss in a few baked potatoes. Then just warm up some green beans or whatever on the stove top while the chicken rests. You'd even have time to put like crescent rolls in the oven that would be ready to come out by the time the chicken is done resting.

• This is my favorite chicken recipe and I modified it by adding flour so that the sauce is thicker and is an actual sauce and isn't just flavorful water.
    4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs but chicken breasts will work.
    1 cup of chicken broth
    2 tablespoons of lemon juice
    1 minced garlic
    1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
    1 tablespoons of olive oil
    1/3 cup of finely chopped onions
    2 tablespoons salted butter
    1/4 cup of heavy cream, milk will work
    2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
    2 tablespoons of sifted flour
    Using a mallet, pound down chicken breasts/thighs until they are 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle salt and pepper on them.
    In a small bowl, combine chicken broth, lemon juice, garlic, and red pepper.
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
    Heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and allow it to brown on both sides for about 2-3 minutes each sides. Don't worry if it isn't cooked all the way. We will finish it in the oven.
    Add chicken to a baking dish. Without cleaning the skillet, add the chicken broth sauce. Cook for about 8-10 minutes. Add heavy cream or milk. Add the flour. I prefer to use a strainer while adding the flour to prevent chunks. Remove from heat and add salted butter.
    Pour sauce in baking dish, covering the chicken. Cook it for about 8-10 minutes until it's been thoroughly cooked. Top with the parsley. If you pair this with potatoes and some vegetables, it would be delicious. 👌🏻 👌🏻

• That should be one tablespoon of garlic. You can ask me if you have any more questions.

• What do you wanna feed him though? Like Mexican, Chinese, Italian, comfort, etc. I have a few recipes but they're kind of mostly the pot roast style. Like throw things in a pot or pressure cooker and slow cook it because I dont wanna stand over a stove all day.

• Pigs in a Blanket! They are really easy to make. All you need are hot dogs and the croissant roll Pillsbury thing. I would recommend using a greased cookie sheet, so they don't stick. Just place the croissants on the cookie sheet and roll the hot dog inside of it, so that the croissants is rolled up around the hot dog like a fruit roll up. Then cook them in your oven on the same temperature and time you would coom the regular croissants for.

• Chicken Satay.

That's my suggestions, they're really easy, the trickiest bit is to make the chicken turn white XD

• I made three ingredient chicken tacos tonight. Add frozen chicken breasts, slow cooker fajita seasoning, and Rotel in a crockpot and put it on high for 3hours or low for 7 hours

• Something basic like burgers, spaghetti and meatballs, look up easy meals. Any recipe is doable if you follow the directions correctly

• you can do a linguini with white wine clam sauce
    simple yet elegant

also, when i was starting out cooking, i usually made chicken. i would just marinade some cubed thigh meat, saute, then serve with a vegetable.

• Go on your iPhone and say Siri where's Taco Bell and then drive there and order up some shit. Best dinner ever.

• Tacos are always my go to xD

• As guy, you can bet he will love steak. Easy to prepare and really tasty. You can make some sauce. There are plenty of recipes on the Internet.

• If you need recepie of indian cuisine I might be a help. let me know