What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?

I love to try new food items. Tell me the weirdest food item you have ever eaten. For me it was Sea Urchin at a Sushi Restaurant.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Haggis which is the heart, liver, and lungs of a sheep. It was delicious and tasted like stuffing.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 17

• I was on the Island of Okinawa and I was having dinner with one of the Elders of the village/town and we were sitting on the floor on cushions and rugs and a bowl of soup was placed in front of me and it was a beef based broth and it was very tasty, but what made it so strange, and for the life of me I can’t remember the oriental name for the traditional soup, but it is served with “LIVE” tube worms in the broth. You can actually feel them wiggling in your mouth and down your throat as you drink the soup, because the soup is meant to be drunk, you don’t eat and chew. You just pick the bowl up and drink it and the worms just slide in your mouth and down your throat. I didn't want to give insult, so I ate the entire dish. Honestly it was good, it was just the concept of what I was doing which was strange overall.

• sounds like my bottle of Tequila from Mexico- you know the whole worm story... never again will I drink Tequila, I can't stand it!!! Don't know about worms, dead or alive, eeks, even going down with out chewing I would GAG at the thought of it, and I DONT GAG!!!

• so a wise man has told me...:))))

• @miamigirl1970: Oh really? Hmmm... you'll have to introduce me to this wise man someday that I might learn from him. :)

• Poached frog in a Chinese restaurant - My friend is incorrigible, he had to go native, I told him he wouldn't eat it and as usual I ended up eating it while he ate most of my dinner.

• @Tarvold Hey, well, to real Italians "minestrone" literally means "take all the random leftovers, throw them together and pretend it's a new dish" -- and they eat it themselves.

When did you turn 35 (on here, at least)? Happy bday <3

• I've eat Cows tongue my late Maternal Grandma would make it and
    my late Maternal Grand-dad would eat Cows brains.

• I've had sea urchin, it want that strange to me, it tasted like... I can't remember what it tasted like, that's how much of an impact it had on me. I think the strangest thing for me would have to be pizza 🍕, jk, I don't know

• Rat placenta

• Balut.

It was actually quite delicious once I got over the mind fuck.

• After I got over the mindfuck, balut was every bit as nasty as ever.

I refuse to abandon my belief that balut is an entire country's version of a practical joke -- like getting their friends to eat turds and go "Mmm delicious!"
      The only difference is that the Filipinos are SO INVESTED in the joke that they're even willing to grin and bear it themselves... just for the chance to laugh at their friends later.
      Lol

• @redeyemindtricks Like slow porsche drivers who can't drive stick? I see you point.

• ahah yeah exactly. no one wakes up one day, 43 years old, next to his second wife, and suddenly becomes a real car nerd.

I mean
      if you want proof, just note that the so-called acquired taste foods are NEVER consumed by people ALONE, or with intense cravings.
      ... and that *all* of the "enthusiast" passions, suspiciously enough, also provide upper-class socializing opportunities (Concours d'Elegance, symphony concerts, food/wine festivals, golf tournaments... you name it).

Not hate, by the way. This is definitely a good thing, overall -- you know the person in front of you is pretty much WYSIWYG, as long as they're at least 25 or so, free of serious life-gripping addictions, and as long as you're not total shit at reading people. (Think how precarious lifetime commitments would get, if people legitimately COULD wake up with actual newfound passions at any random moment.)

• A grasshopper.

• Pussy.. Really though, crocodile meat. I used to live in Southern Florida and took an airboat ride out in the glades.. Very tasty, but expensive!

• I've had fried crickets, bee larvae, grasshoppers, cow brain, cow tongue, all organ meats (including pig intestines), most fish eggs and yes, I've had sea urchin many times and I love it!

• Squirrel

• Squirrel is very good. Everyone I have ever given some to has liked it.

I personally love the brains, but I understand if others are put off by that.

• A scorpion in a lollipop

• Whale. It is illegal in most (all?) western countries. Tastes like motor oil.

• Sushi, and after that I never ate sushi again.

• Octopus Tentacles once

• Rabbit's tongue. London.

• Squid... fried squid... sautéed in garlic... oh so good...

• It was definitely fried Asian food, like whatever fish was fried, I just ate it.

What Girls Said 18

• Probably eel or a raw quail egg. Also at sushi restaurants.

• ASUB in Egypt... This is a Green Tree Stalk that I had in Egypt while I was Living out there, where you Suck on and Swallow the Sweet Sugary juices and Spit out the Tree parts. Delicious.
    There is also a Drink alone they Make that Excludes the Stalk. xx

• Does fried alligator bites count as weird? Lol That's probably the "strangest" thing I've eaten. I also like fried chicken livers. I feel like both of these food items are normal in the South though. Haha

• Fugu I suppose?

• In China I had duck feet and they tasted surprisingly nice also duck bone soup which was sooooo good. I've also had frog legs, not very nice.

• a certain area of beef intestine called ”mino”. grilled. it's very popular here.

• Animal flesh and secretions. Sadly it took 12 and 15 years respectively for me to figure that out :(

• Vegan dal. It was SO bad.

• I guess it would be that one time I was at some hot dog restaurant in Chicago and they had alligator or crocodile ( I can't remember which it was) meat hot dog. It was pretty gross. They had a foi gras one too though, and it was very very good.

• my boss had tacos made from brains. it was good, but it was too much for me.

• oh yea, I have heard it is very like rich... yuk- good to try though, makes you more well rounded. Keep trying new stuff!!!

• umm... the strangest thing for me is eating my dessert with chili paper

• Eels.

• Sushi 🍣
    I don't like it. ('-' )

• Bull's testicles. But in my country quite common. And they were really tasty.

• When i was younger i are bird in baguette 😩

• I don't know what I've eaten that tasted strange to me.

• Pickles and milk. It tasted so good at the time but like 3 hours later I threw up.

• Pussy with chocolate sauce