Do you like to make your own milkshakes?

Basically, For some reason at my house we thought we were out of ice cream three separate times and we bought a tub of ice cream each time but no one was eating it. So I just decided fuck it. I'm making a milkshake.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes! I've done this, SO tasty! How about this life hack: use crumbled Cheezits in place of Saltines for soup and chili!

Your family sounds like my family. They buy something, it gets shoved way into the back of the fridge/freezer, they can't be bothered to dig, assume they don't have any, go buy more. It's wasteful and disgusting, and I hate it. They might be rich, but I'm frugal, doing take more than I need, and don't waste anything if I can help it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure they're easy to make and tasty, better then going to a drive through and paying 5$.

What Girls Said 17

• I work at an ice cream store, so I'm making those delish little guys all day! (And eating any leftovers if I'm feeling it.) But I'm really good and getting the right consistency of "not too thick that it can't go through the straw," and "what is this? Did she just let the ice cream melt?" Since I know my stuff and make them so often. Making milkshakes is kind of a science. It's trial and error and tons of estimation. It all depends on the quality and consistency of the ice cream that you're working with. And also how frozen vs. how soft it is at the time that you're preparing the shake. For example, a rich chocolate ice cream will need a bit more cream vs a rich vanilla, since vanilla is simply less "thick" due to the actual vanilla in the ice cream being more thin compared to the chocolate. BUT, on the other hand, if I was making a shake out of the same two flavors, and the chocolate had been left out for a while and the vanilla was just taken out of the freezer, the vanilla would probably be much tougher or about the same consistency as the chocolate. So I'll take note of this and adjust how I use my ingredients. Meanwhile, vegan shakes and vegan Icecream is a whole other boat. I work with rice milk vegan flavors and soy milk flavors. The soy milk is definitely much more thick than the rice milk ones. So it's all about adjustment and using the right amount. I usually don't put as much liquid in the blender if it's a much thinner ice cream.

Wow this just turned into a tutorial 😅✌🏼️ Anyways, hope this was helpful somehow! :)

• Back when I could have dairy, I used to make my own milkshakes. They're so good!

It's easier and healthier to make them at home because you can control what you put into them.

I also like making smoothies at home too.

• I never use Ice cream in my milkshakes, they always come out way too thick & greasy for my digestive system I can't even have those at ice cafes :/
    I usually use water ice, soy milk, extracts & the actual main ingredient (usually banana because I love banana milkshakes, sometimes vanilla)

• Thats sad.

I love milkshakes

• I've tried a coconut one but the consistency was really shitty & I don't like ice cream in general so I don't really care - they taste a lot better with soy milk and water ice in my opinion, you should try it sometime

• Without ice cream and ice? Definitely. I make banana + milk smoothie/milkshake every morning pretty much. Sometimes I add strawberries or raspberries when those are in season.

• Waffles I wanna troll this so badly...

But nah... I've made floats and protein shakes, but never a true "milkshake".

• Yes regularly but usually chocolate

• This is my favourite post on GAG I've ever read

• Soooo when I first saw this I thought it said "do you like your own milkshakes" thought this was something completely different 😂😭

• I use my magic bullet and make smoothies all time I never thought to make a milkshake hmmm I'm going to have to try it out.

• I haven't made on in a while, but they are good. It's nice drinking something that you made. And you also know everything that goes into it.

• I rarely even have milkshakes.

• YES!
    That way I know whats in it and sadly, I'm lactose intolerant so I can't drink normal milkshakes/smoothies :/

• No I don't have a blender. I wish I had a blender...

• I know how to, but I never have.

• I LOVE making milk shakes, but my family doesn't buy ice cream so I make it without...

• Lol nah

• yeah ı do especially after sports

What Guys Said 10

• I prefer making smoothies with Greek Yoghurt, more healthy. Not that I'm a milkshake hater, we all love that feeling of frozen insides and mild nausea, lol!

• hell yeah.

but i've never made a milk shake without using ice cream

• never made my own but i got this cookies and cream recipe that looks legit

• Yeah. Mine bring all the boys to the yard!

• I dont make these often. When i do, its usually greek yogurt, milk, protein powder, bananas, coffee, chocolate, fruits etc.

• coffee milkshake

• Yes yes I do. Milk shakes are a privelage not a right

• I like smoothies better, but I prefer homemade milkshakes over buying them somewhere else

• okayyyyy

• In the back of the yard?