What food do you eat in your country that foreigners find gross?

Me, Grasshoppers and white ants... very tasty

Most Helpful Girl

• Durian. That shit is fucking delicious. I don't know how white people can eat cheese that stink like feet that's been incubated in shoes on a hot ass summer day, but cannot NOT overreact when smelling the sweet fruity smell of the durian? It is titled the king of fruits for a reason people!

Most Helpful Guy

• Balut

A duck embryo egg.

• And you make it into an omelette?

• @mooky06 lel awesome. where are you from?

• I'm Cambodian buh born and raised in Australia

Sponsored

What Girls Said 25

• Stuffed frogs (mince meat, herbs and spices)

• Mämmi.
    www.kotikokki.net/.../memma.jpg
    And no, it isn't like cake/chocolate/nutella. Mämmi is traditionally made of water, rye flour, and powdered malted rye, seasoned salt, and dried powdered Seville orange zest.

• it doesn't look like it tastes bad

• Most foreigners compare it to looking like and tasting like shit.

• lol... oh god

• Vegemite 😷 I agree with the foreigners, it's pretty gross

• Black bean pie and sugar pie is the only thing I can think off. I would think foreigners would find them disgusting, because how sweet they are.

• lol hey, it's not only your people with a sweet tooth, i'd be into that

• Fermented, salted fish ("fesikh"). It actually tastes really good if you make it properly.
    Bird intestines stuffed with rice ("mombar")
    Liver (cow and chicken)
    Brains
    Kaware3 (camel hooves)
    Kersha (pretty sure this is sheep gelatin or something, but I have no clue).

Of everything on this list, I only eat fesikh.

• This list tells me how we as people are so different, it also tells me there was struggle and scarcity in your home country's past

• looks like cooked turds

• If you cook it properly, it's supposed to resemble a sausage or a yam.

• hmm... I don't know about gross but.. salty liquorice. They never seem to like it; I personally loooove liquorice so it makes me a bit sad >_<

• pork blood stew

• Processed food

• Products of the industrial revolutions you had

• Something called فراكة (fraka) or in other words raw meat. But they put cumin and bulger, salt... And it is so good.

• Never really imagined eating raw meat, i can't even eat sushi

• Foreigners mostly like our foods.

• I don't know Americans have such a big variety of food but nothing extreme

• you think America is not experimenting enough?

• i wonder if meat from cold blooded animals is this awesome experience waiting for me to unlock

• Maybe, it's just not my cup of tea, most I'll eat is lamb, and veal, outside of various seafoods

• I only like 2/5 of these but

Shark
    Chicken liver
    Octopus
    Cow brain & tongue

• I've had cow tongue and brain before, too fatty, must be eaten hot AF otherwise it sticks together

• Maybe crab and oyster?

• Always wanted to try those things, are they any good?

• crab is sooo good! So are mussels and clams

• @okay56 I agree crab tastes amazing! Even without any seasoning other than salt.

• In Turkey majority of people love giblets. They even eat sheep's intestines! It's called Kokoreç. Hate that name, proud vegan :)

• oh my God

• I hate intestines and cow tongues. They stink so bad when they clean them. In taksim square there's a restaurant that i ate intestines at. They kept wrapping it until it was like a sandwich. I was going to throw up😂😂😂😂

• @Avery18 lol, i have had cow intestines well done, they're quite tasty, roasted, stewed (although they stick fast) and in fresh beans

• Liquorice and kroketten (isn't even a word for in english)! Although kroketten are meat and Im a vegetarian so I skip those. I still remember how good they were though :p

• vegemite

• I only have to say one word.

Hershey's

• White ants?

• Yes, they have anthills and every once a month they mature and get wings so they fly around allover the place, people catch them. You can deep fry, roast, or even just sun dry them. I've seen a few people eat them raw.

• Hahaha lol. far from it, i used to hear them crash into the window when i had my lights on trying to read for exams as a kid. like clockwork

• It's really interesting though.

• pickled fish.. I agree with foreigners

• I guess we dnt have ay

• Vegemite haha

• Where are you from? Some people in My country eat grasshoppers but never eat white ants.

• There's a region in my country in which people eat a certain species of ants butt with flour. There's also a dish made of chicken blood.

• what can they say, blood makes a mean cake

• I'm from the rural US, so maybe chicken gizzards, raccoon chili, crawdads or frog legs. Older generations ate fried brain sandwiches and headcheese, but those aren't that common anymore.

• is racoon chili what think it is?

• I can't even recall what headcheese tastes like, mutedaisy? Rich? And I never would try brains, especially as a kid!! Lol 😂

• Sounds like a fun childhood

• Foie gras

What Guys Said 18

• I guess bull balls. It's not something I've tried, and certainly not unique to my country, but I think it's kinda gross. That and dried blood.

• Bull testicles?

• ETA is still active?

• No, thank goodness. They decided to stop a few years ago.

• Biter Melon @mooky06 ( have this at you eatery )
    www.onlyfoods.net/.../Bitter-Gourd-Juice.jpg

• Do you even like grasshopper and white ants... Like do you ask for it on Wednesday nights for supper type of thing..

• It's more of a snack, but if i had to choose between grasshoppers and white ants i'd go with grasshoppers, now if you google grasshoppers they'll give you some other ugly insect. here is a picture of what they actually look like s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...b95faec772.jpg They smell great in the pan and they taste even better, you have got to try them. White ants are more of picnic or leisure food. Grasshoppers are the shit, whole country basically loses their minds in September when they fly.

• However food is often times enjoyed with our eyes. What looks good tastes good and what looks bad doesn't seem to taste as good as it should

Does the visual effect of eating a insect have any impact on you? Or is it like oh look a flying insect yum?

If grasshoppers why not others? Like any insect for that matter... have you tried other types?

• when there are lost of these well made golden brown bastard on you plate, and you can smell them or even taste them it just blows away the fact that you are eating hundreds of insects, and the taste omg, chicken does not begin to compare, then i guess the fact that i grew up eating them i don't have the stigma against it like you would have having grown up not eating them. No i have not tried other insects, they are still insects, there's like an insects we shall eat list and those we won't list, like eating cows does not mean eating dogs. There are countries that i have been to like Zimbabwe and Zambia and i found an insect's section of a local market, they must have had dozens of bug types there, never tried any though.

• Horse meat

• I think horse would make a mean steak

• No, it can be tasty and lean meat. And it's also used in stews in Central Europe and here.

• Peanut Butter and Fluff sandwiches

• a cake that is made by pig blood

• NO WAY, there cow blood cake here

• We usually boil it and cut it up and have it served with rice porridge

• cod tongues

• that is a very specific thing, like a fetish even

• Haggis.

• Sheep bowel and a cow brain in soup.

• Escargots.

• gonna have to google that

• duck mash

• You talking about duck food?

• Frog legs
    Cow tongues.
    Hearts
    Brains
    Grits maybe, but people who don't like grits are insane.
    Chicken Fried Steak

among a lot of other food.

• A steak made out of chicken?

• That should be a thing

• Be kind of hard don't you think? since chickens don't have steak in them.

What chicken fried steak actually is though is steak coated with seasoned flour and pan-fried like fried chicken. So that's why it called chicken fried steak because it's steak cooked like fried chicken.

• Really greasy and fried stuff
    Guess the country...

• yogurt maybe... greens.. lot of greens... and herbs.. sea algae.. mushrooms

• i like yogurt, hate greens like spinach and colewort, never tried algae, how does one even harvest algae?

• i don't know.. had them in Taiwan during a tour.. very stinky... but healthy

• Cereal

• Yeah it is pretty gross for someone who didn't grow up eating it, i find myself incapable of finishing a bowl

• Chicken fingers

• weak, try cow hooves

• ahh sounds nasty,

• poutine