Have you or would you eat dog or cat?

Certain parts of the world prepare and cook them for consumption, would you try them out?

Most Helpful Girl

• You ask the most variety of interesting questions! I love to see what you post next!
    To answer: No, I've not nor would I knowingly eat a domestic animal. Even if I couldn't find deer, rabbit, squirll, turkey or any other wild animal I'd still eat the fixings w/out the "meat" I'm not into mystery meat, had enough of that during school! Lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Not in normal situations but if I was too hungry I don't think I'd refuse any kind of meat, it's a matter of surviving.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 13

• Definitely not. I just couldn't do that. If I had eaten it without any knowledge (as in someone forced me to eat it and they didn't tell me) I'd be ok. But if someone came up to me and shoved a plate of dog or cat meat in my face I'm going to not eat it or take it 😶😑

• I've never eaten either. I have been in a restaurant that served puppy. I have seen cages full of cats being delivered on motorcycles to restaurants in the mornings. I could never eat them myself. For what it's worth, I have eaten raw horse... basashi.

www.earthexcursion.com/.../...at_sashimi_japan.jpg

It was quite good.

• I've raised ducks and rabbits, never eaten them. I don't think I could eat something that I thought of as a pet. However, if I found out later that I had eaten one, it wouldn't really mess me up. I just wouldn't knowingly choose to, because I wouldn't want to contribute to creating a demand in the market.

• I wouldn't, but I also wouldn't shit talk about someone who has. In reality even though in the west we treat them like family/pet they ARE still animals like the cows, chicken, fish, and etc that we eat and other people in other cultures just might not separate the two unlike us because the know cats and dogs are still animals and nothing more or less. Hell, we eat pork and beef meanwhile in other cultures doing that is barbaric and basically a sin so they'd think we're just as bad if not worse for that. You don't have to eat dogs and cats, but don't be a bitch, hyprocrite, and a cunterella by bashing someone who does/has.

• I would not, they are very intelligent and social and to put them through pain and the stress of an intensive farm... that would be cruel.
    Also, I don't eat meat in general : P so, I apply that reasoning to all my mammal peeps.

• I don't eat meat period so not a chance.

• Sure... I mean it may be a bit controversial, but they're animals nonetheless.

• I've heard that the Chinese do this in their culture but I don't think I would eat dog or cat in my opinion because it's harsh. I live in the UK, where it's illegal to eat cat and dog here thankfully. But I really care about cats, dogs, rabbits etc all animal pets.

• If I had nothing else to eat, and they weren't my pets or the pets of anyone I know then probably.

• NO WAY.

• Absolutely not.

• Ew no way.

• WTF!!! No I haven't and I never ever willl either that's just evil lol

What Guys Said 22

• If I or anyone I love was dying of hunger and there were no other animals around - yes. With great disdain but I'd have to do it. Any human who'd rather let their child die of hunger than eat a dog in extreme scenarios does not deserve children in my humble opinion.

• Yesssss, They're delicious.

Opposition is rising against it though as livestock meat becomes more common and keeping them as pets becomes more common.

• I'm can't top this but I'll do my best

• @Izumiblu You think I'm trolling? lol I'm not. Dog at least is quite nice, cat not so much.

Funny anecdote, we always kept bulldogs growing up and mother would always threaten to throw them into the pot whenever she tripped over them 😂.

• I don't think u r trolling... I think you are being opportunistic

• I won't do that. Same like majority people here. But, FYI, did you know, that in 1920's eating dogs and cats was common in the whole Europe?

• Have eaten cat, would eat cat again. Cat is the best meat I've EVER tasted, nothing else is even close.

Would never eat dog though.

• Why cat but not dog?

• I like dogs as friends, not food. Cats, who cares? Go put some cream out near a city dump, you can always find a million more cats.

• I dont think I would but it really depends on on the smell. you never know until your senses get fully engaged

• If nothing else was available , why not? People eat rats and snakes too.

• Hunger is an anesthetic to many an otherwise unsavory proposition. Sorry PETA, but I'll be eating me some pets if it comes to starvation.

• I haven't and I never will #ew #yuck #gross

• nope never

• I've had both and I would again if the right situation came up.

• No... why eat cute fluffy things when you have a wide selection of other things

• No I wouldn't

• The idea disgusts me...

• I've eaten dog and cat food

• Hell no.

• No way.

• yes, without a doubt. id eat anything that was alive and didn't taste bad/wasn't diseased. living or cooked.

• I'd rather eat the pussy 🐱

• I don't think I'd ever eat a any dog. I might cook up someone else's cat in an end of the world scenario... Like The Road sort of thing... Otherwise no.

• No. I'm on a diet.

• Never