Why is this happening?

When I go out to eat I get a soda ( I drink Sprite) with my meal, I usually drink half of it and then save the rest for dinner. But the soda bothers my stomache and I'm literally struggling to eat my food becuase my stomache feels so bloated from the soda. I eat like three bites then my body is done. Is there a reason why my body is doing this , and what can I do to change my diet so I can eat my meal?

Most Helpful Girl

• carbonated drinks can distend the stomach too much and cause indigestion
    since you know that' the culprit you should quit the soda
    or at the very least, cut back

Sponsored

What Guys Said 6

• Stop drinking soda and start drinking water or non carbonated drinks. Sounds like you have a hard time with carbonated drinks, if you don't stop drinking soda, you'll start getting heart burn if you haven't already.

• It could be the bubbles in it or the sugar. What ever it is. It is not setting well with you.

• Cut all sugary drinks and consume water.

I carry around a 2 gallon jug of water with me.

• Drink more water

• Don't drink soda

• It's the gas from the carbonated soda and I guess it's not coming back out, usually as burp so you seem to feel full from it

What Girls Said 4

• Drink the soda after you finish your meal. Bloating happens and it's common in people. Try eating yoghurt or take some prebiotics

• Cause by the carbonation. Used to happen to me, so I stopped drinking soda and now I don't even like it or crave. I've gone years without it

• If you know it's because of the soda... is there any possible way, at all, you can just not get a soda? :

• Its probably bc soda is carbonated.. That happens to me too sometimes. You should get like iced tea or flavored water or something.