Which do you prefer: Self-serve checkouts or human cashier at supermarkets?

When grocery shopping at supermarket which do you prefer and why?

please reply in detail

LMAO @ the pink-blue response ratio

Most Helpful Girl

• Self checkouts.

Reason 1: cause I work at a supermarket and I mostly work supervising the self checkouts, so I know how to use them and not make any mistakes.

Reason 2: cause I don't have to talk to the cashier, unless I'm at my own store, then I don't mind cause they're my friends.

Most Helpful Guy

• self checkout
    1) easier
    2) no awkward standing there while the cashier is scanning your stuff
    3) you can go at your own pace

• If you go at your own pace and your pace happens to be a slow one I will find you and tear you a new arsehole for being that dick who takes up a checkout for an unreasonably long time making me wait longer than is neccesary when I have shit to that doesn't involve staring holes into the back of your skull while you contemplate scanning your twinkie or chewing gum first.

What Girls Said 22

• I prefer self-service. My anxiety disorder fucks me up with a human cashier, I get super flustered and panicked for some reason, I like being able to go do it myself.

• If it's less than a trolley I like self service... I like my things packed a certain way and even though I put it through the conveyer belt in the exact order they still ignore it.
    However, unexpected item in bagging area is annoying AF

• you sound pedantic AF

Coles, woollies, Aldi or IGA?

• @Luci92 it's the worst at Kmart, and there is never an employee to come and fix it 😩 So you're stuck trying to force eye contact and do that awkward little "um, hey" wave and they pretend they don't see you

• omg yes! bloody hell its annoying

• If I have a lot of things, i will go to cashier. If its between 1-5 small things, then self check out.

• Both.

If i have five items, self checkout, especially if im paying with card.

Paying in cash, have more than five items and/or the self checkout is full because i managed to arrive when all the slow fucks are there? Traditional checkout.

• Good Q. If I dont have many items the self serve. If I have many then cashier. Then I don't have to hear **something something in bagging area** fucking annoying πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Self checkout
    I feel like the line moves quicker and I can get in and out. I don't have to deal with a cashier or chatting if I don't feel like it. I can bag my stuff the way I want to bag it and use as many bags as I want. Cons are sometimes machines are broken or only except a certain form of payment. Or something goes wrong and you have to stand there and wait for someone to help you which on a busy day can take awhile.

• I'm not really a people person so if I have a few items I'd rather do it myself and if I have a lot then I have to go to a worker or else I would be there for ages and there isn't enough bag room in self serve checkouts so if I can I'd rather avoid contact with random people and waiting in lines

• When I have a small number of items, I'll go through self serve. If I have more items or heavy/bulky items that I know will set off the whole "unexpected item in baggage area" (grrrr) or the line to the cashier is shorter, I'll go there.

• Human cashiers, because they can do faster than I can.

• self checkout, I don't feel forced to make small talk & I can bag it how I like

• Whichever is faster. If I have a lot of items or a cashier is free, then I'll go theough human one. If I only have a couple and self checkout line in short then I'll go there.

• Human, because they can handle all the unexpected stuff. Self service is fine when lines are terrible and I have a few things without coupons.

• I prefer to use self-serve checkouts at the moment because I live in South Korea and I don't speak Korean. Using self-serve checkouts is just easier for me and less awkward for the cashiers because I can just press a button and the machine speaks to me in English.

However, when I move back to the states, if I have a lot of items, I will use human cashiers because it's easier.

• Always prefer self check out. For two reasons, I dont get overcharged and I dont have to deal w anybody else.

• i prefer human cashier because there is no self serve checkouts

• Self, it's easier if the scanner isn't acting stupid and faster

• Human cashiers because they generally do their job well!

• Self-serve when I have just a few items.

• Meh, either is alright with me.

• I do self serve because it's usually faster.

• I like self checkoutπŸ˜‚ its so awkward with cashiersπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• human cashiers. self-checkout machines suck ass

• care to elaborate?

• well with cashires its slow. But self-checkouts are way more annoying. you have to wait and you can't remove anything until you pay which wastes time. you have to punch numbers in and you have to wait for someone to come help if you're using your ID to buy alcohol.

What Guys Said 2

• A human, even at the self serve checkouts there is still a human over watch, so it kind of defeats the purpose.

• I prefer human cashiers. I remember two guys fighting over who had the right to be the next to use a self serve checkout. Just not my scene