Do you leave a good tip even when the food and service was bad?

Do you leave a good tip even when the food and service was bad??

• Yes, I give a good tip
  • No, I give my regular tip amount
  • No, I don't tip bad/food service
    Vote C

Most Helpful Guy

• Number one, if the food was bad or not as represented or what you ordered, I'd bring it up to the management right then and there so that he/she has a chance to make it right. Also, it helps the management know what's actually going on in the kitchen so a correction can be made. I like to believe that all owners/managers try to prepare and serve food so that it meets or exceeds their customers expectations. That's the only way they won't soon go out of business. As far as the service, if it was served late because of lack of help and it seemed like the waitress/waiter did their best and kept you up to date then they did the best they could so I'd give him an adequate tip in cash... not by using a credit/debit card. In any event, since I always use a debit card I usually write on the receipt I sign about poor food/service. A person should try to judge where the fault lies for poor service - slow kitchen; waitress talking with friends; wrong personality for that type of work; etc. Hold back on some of the tip if you know the waiter/waitress didn't do their best to serve you. When in doubt with any of this I mentioned, it's probably best to give a normal tip. It's ok to not leave a tip if you feel the service stinks. Always bring up a food problem with the server, and if not corrected with the manager.

Most Helpful Girl

• We don't have tips like the Americans do, but a lot of places have a tips jar at the counter where people generally put loose change in. I would not put any money in that tips jar unless the food and service was excellent, because in Australia, there is no obligation to tip at all.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 13

• I always leave a good tip. It isn't my server's fault if the food is bad, and I don't know what's going on in their life. Maybe they are usually great servers but are just having a bad day. They work a hard job for shitty pay, I'll always tip big if I can

• Never tip bad service.

• Down in NZ aren't expected to tip.

But hypothetically fuck them I would give them an insulting low tip. Here mate have 50 cents.

• No, I don't.

• My tip reflects the service I receive.

• It depends on what was bad and why. Also on how bad

• I leave a lower tip then usual

• I don't when they ignore you and stuff like that and if they really irritate me I leave a few pennies but I leave a generous tip and stack up the plates if I really like their service

• Food, no. Service, yes. If the good is bad I'll go elsewhere next time.

• It depends on how bad they were

• Yep always 20%

• I'm a very good tipper. I know they might have financial troubles, kids to support etc. You can't think all about yourself.

• I'm not going to lie the hotness and lack of clothing of the waitress is far more important than her services skills

What Girls Said 7

• I will usually leave a 15% tip on bad service and never return, where on good service i will leave 18-20% and come back. If i have like horrendous crime level type service, i will leave a tip equal to the amount of change left to make the dollar whole and leave a note for the manager to contact me via email. I've only done this twice in my life.

• That depends on my mood and on how bad the service was and on why the service was bad. I don't usually tip well for bad service but I might give 15% which is what I also give for good service.

• If the food is bad but I got great service the waitress gets a tip. But I will let the server know the food wasn't good. With that said the amount of the tip usually reflects the level of service

• not always

• no, I tip on service & if I have any tip $

• I once did and I was super mad at myself :((((

• i am not rich enough to give a tip lol