My company is giving a dinner to all employees Sunday Night should I go?

It's at a local all you can eat buffet in town. I have ate there one time and did not really care for it. The time I went there the interior was not very clean and looked old and out of date. The food look like it was kept out longer than should be. Plus the selection was quite small. I'm not one to turn down food usually as you can see but this time I really think I should say no. Nothing against the company but I just don't like the resturaunt. What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you feel your boss will take it as a slight, go, but maybe stick to simple things that are less likely to harm you if you don't trust this place. Or just say you're not feeling well but wanted to be there with everyone.

If your boss is ok with people not going, don't go.

Most Helpful Guy

• i hate company dinners and holiday stuff, i always avoid them when i can

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 19

• Yes, go and be social. Maybe you can find a salad that looks edible and nibble on that. Eat something before you go so you won't have tummy rumbles all night.

If anyone gives you guff, just tell them that you had a late lunch and you're not starving. Dismiss it and they'll stop bothering you. If you don't go your absence may be obvious and people will think there's something wrong.

• State that something in your personal life came up. They don't have to know "what' is was that came up. You just had a family emergency. Simple as that. They don't have the right to ask you. If they do ask, say you would just rather not talk about it. It's worked for me on several occasions.

• you can still go and not have to eat anything just be social

• You can at least go and socialize for a little while to be hospitable and then leave.

• You dont go to eat. You go to socialize and to network.

• just go for socializing
    they might have prize giveaways too... some companies do that
    so you should go for those reasons

• You should go because your company is showing appreciation to their employees but putting out money and effort for their employees. Show your appreciation by showing up.

• I hate buffets but I'd still go and raid the ice cream 😆

• If you don't think you'll enjoy it don't waste your time

• ITS FREE FOOD! I would go...

• Well, it's a Sunday, right? Any chance you can politely decline for religious or family reasons?

• You should go, you don't have to eat, but you should go.

• Yaaaas despite you not wanting to

• Yes!
    Those are very fun.

• If you really don't want to make something up. But I'd go if it was me.

• it you don't like then don't go

• I'd go have a drink. eat before hand and order an appetizer.

• Just go for socializing 😍 dont bother about the food.

• Free food

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!