Adventurous eating?

I'm not really an adventurous eater, but lately I've tried a few foods that I surprised myself by enjoying.
I had my first fish taco last week. Have you ever eaten something expecting to hate it, but it was actually good?

Most Helpful Girl

• I love trying new foods, but will draw a line if it looks unappetizing. Like snail because I don't think I could ever eat snail. But I've had cricket and a scorpion lollipop that weren't delicious, but worth it to say I have. I recently had sushi for the first time a couple of weeks ago... It tasted alright after the first couple of bites, but the indigestion of raw fish is not something I want to put myself through again. Lol--those fish were swimming around inside me all night! I love trying new ethnic foods too even if the smell is a little off-putting because a few bites in and you'll squire the palate for new spices

I love fish tacos! I make them at home with homemade mango salsa and a lemon pepper olive oil

• I actually think eating scorpion sounds braver than eating snail.
      And now I'm a lover of fish tacos too.

• lol, I guess I've been playing it safe all these years. I don't know if I could eat a spider

• I doubt I'll ever eat another spider unless I'm in a survival situation. But I like try new things and it was worth it to say I was adventurous enough to consume something I was a afraid of at the time

Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• YES... I just had my first slaw dog yesterday. Hot dog bun chilli and slaw on top... so good... looks terrible though.

• I thought I would hate Sour Patch Kids mixed with pepper-flavored sunflower seeds but now I'm addicted

• I didn't even know pepper flavored sunflower seeds existed. Maybe one day I'll give them a try

• They're amazing

• Haha, how I considered this a totally different question xD

• Yeah Chinese

What Girls Said 2

• I'm not too adventurous with my food. I know what I like and try to stick to those foods. Every now and then, I'll branch out, though. I used to think I'd hate mushrooms and ended up really liking them for example.

• I'm not that adventurous either, but I've been trying to branch out more lately

• I don't think I've ever exceeded my expectations about a foreign food. The food never tasted as good as I thought it would be. I guess the one food that exceeded my expectations was the pistachio ice cream I tried in australia last year

• I want to try pistachio ice cream one day too

• Pistachio ice cream is delicious! I love gelato too, but kiwi is my favorite flavor so far

• It depends where you get it from cause some places say pistachio and it doesn't taste like pistachio. I find the ice cream parlours in spain usually serve real pistachio ice cream.