Mousse Cake with a layer of jello on top?

I bought a cake recently for my guy's birthday. He doesn't really like cake, but i like it so i got him something i would appreciate.

Strawberry mousse cake... with strawberry jello on top. I've personally never seen anything like this before. It was good...

Anyone else ever seen anything like this... a cake with jello on it?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe it is common in Asian pastries ( I grew up in Asian households; long story). They are soooo yummy. Love strawberry flavored ones

• Yah, strange thing is that i do most of my shopping in Asian stores etc, have never noticed this.

• If the shop has like a dessert and bakery area, then they usually have them. At least the Asian stores, I go to. Either way, you e made me hungry for a slice lol

Sponsored

What Guys Said 14

• In Austria, yes, I've seen this type of cake. Too bad it's wasted on him. But hey, more for you then right?

• no never seen anything like it... can't remember the last time i've had jello

• Its my first time seeing a cake like that before.

• Where I'm from they'd serve that in a church basement and call it a salad.

• Yeah usualy at like church picinics but never seen it as a cake lile that. Not a fan of jello so probably wouldn't eat the top.

• Yeah since it's made from mousse it will probably be light. Think you'll both like it, sounds great! :D

• Never had Panna Cotta? That seems like it pretty much on a cake base.

• nope... i like the mousse, but could live without the jello

• How do i respond to that...

Anyway, you should try it, it's my personal "go to" dessert at new restaurants. If the Panna Cotta is good the chef is good.

Your cake has given me a craving though, looks delicious compared to heavy western cakes.

• Its nice, but seems like they've added some citrus to the mousse cuz it has kind of a strawberry-fruit punch ish type flavor. Tasty, but not exactly what i expected, but it is relatively light.

• This is so Asian lol. I don't like cake either so I just get cheesecake for my birthday

• If you guys don't like it let me know and I'll drop in and finish it off 😍😍

• Ohh, i like it just fine... so tough.

• Mehhh, i dont care much for the jello because to me the textures dont go well together. They both taste just fine, but the texture weirdness is... weird. Not bad, just something that isn't as good as what id like it to be. But it's not going to stop me from eating the entire cake.

• Yeah I got that impression from looking at it, but as a foodie myself I get the last part entirely 😂

• Yeah that's like a Chinese / Vietnamese / Korean type cake with fruit and jello type material.
    There are places in our K-Town that will do that and more.

• seen? sure, they aren't uncommon. I like them only served cold

• Looks delicious. Nom nom nom.

• looks yummy

• yuck jello.

What Girls Said 11

• They are pretty common here now - you mainly found them in Asian bakeries but the style has been taken by patisserie too now. Some are nice 😊

• Funny there is a huge Asian population where I live and I shop in these Asian markets often. I've either never noticed or they are just becoming a thing here now. But I love the mousse, very light and tasty but I'm taking to peeling the jello off now.

• lol I peel a lot of it off too, it looks nice and it's visually really effective but it doesn't really taste great

• I have. We call that a mousse cake with a mirror glaze. I like them. I've grown up in a bakery so I'm a bit spoiled when it comes to cake.

• Yeah plenty of times, with a sponge base. Really nice, apart from the jello part lol.

• I'm SO hungry rn

Y u do dis

• Now I'm hungry 😋

• yup. It's pretty common in here

• it looks like something that would come out of a Chinese or other east Asian bakery

• Funny, the Asian places around where im at simply dont have these, I've never seen them around here until about the last couple months and thats where i do about half of my shopping... in Asian markets.

• Looks amazinnggg

• It looks lovely but I don't eat anything with jelly on it.

• Those are pretty common here

• It looks like a decoration.