Can caffeine lead to any kind of damage?

I've just drank about half a litre of dark and extremely strong coffee (about 30 grammes of Nesca in half a litre). I am not the type who drinks coffee so I'm afraid it might cause something, since I have immediately started feeling really hot, which doesn't happen often.
also, can I take painkiller pills after drinking coffee?

Most Helpful Guy

• you'll be fine don't worry, maybe heart beating faster since you took a horse does of it... nothing to worry about, and you can take medications
    it's not alcohol or drug... just chill

and what you took would be peanuts for me, it's all about how much you weight, the more the greater quantity you can take...
    I personally happened to take 450mg of pure caffeine (yours may contains near that quantity if not less) in a short span of time, the common limit peoples seems to never go over is at 300mg.
    I'm still alive, and my heart isn't giving up on me yet.

however don't do that on a regular basis, long term exposure to huge quantity of caffeine can lead to heart problems

Most Helpful Girl

• Coffee can cause damage only if you drink a lot everyday

What Guys Said 16

• Extreme cases involve insomnia and indigestion. Drinking coffee [actual coffee] also increases blood pressure almost assuredly. In most cases you'll be fine if you're ok with being addicted to it.

• Caffeine can cause jitters but yes you can take it with pain medication
    too much caffeine can cause heart racing , anxiety, sweating.

• No not right away coz it might coz a reaction that you don't want and if you are not sure stay away from things like that

• lol that's execive. I would drink that much because it can be bad if u use it too much. Remember it is a chemical

• No you'll be fine in a couple of hours or you can take a nap it'll work
    Half litre is a large amount lol if it was your first time then it's fine
    But if you drink like that regularly it'll cause damage

• Maybe lead you into russian depression.

• Im not a doctor but dont worry about it, it is merely just caffine im a guy and i can drink about 2 litres of energy drink a day lol benefits of living in england, besides the point dont take pills just let your body do its work. Its natural!

• If you take excess amounts of caffeine then yes it can cause damage

• Coffee is a drug. Just as amphetamines is a drug. Both being stimulants they all have the chance to cause serious cardiovascular problems. If you drink upwards of 7 cups of coffee in rapid succession you can even have hallucinations.

• yes there are some side effects like you can't become mother

• you'll be fine unless you are allergic to caffeine

• No don't think so. Excessive use over a long period can cause damage !! Not once a while !!

• Coffee won't kill a pain killer trust me and I will be here if you have any questions

• yes, it can

• You'll probably be very energetic with the shakes but you'll be ok since you're young

• I think I heard that coffee is not that problematic as coffeine tablets (overdose can kill you) ... anyway should be fine but you can drink water... It shouldn't hurt you and it would help you to get rid of excess coffeine

What Girls Said 3

• I get the sweats and shakes after an energy drink which is why I don't drink them. Excessive caffeine can cause panic attack like symptoms

• I've never had problems drinking coffee and I have a hell of a lot. haha

• well, used to take that much amount of coffee (600 ml) when I was studying for exams, but nothing wrong happened to me afterward