What is the weirdest thing you've eaten?

Could be anything, my weirds are normal in some countries and weird as hell in others.
The weirdest I've eaten is Sea Cucumbers

Silk Worms
Sea Urchins

Had them all in asia, obiviously 😂 Sea Cucumbers were inevitable, they sold them in every grocery store so I had to try it eventually. 😅
Surprisingly as disgusting as they look they don't taste bad at all, sea urchins are particularily tasty though.
Other weird things my dad made me try was snake meat, crocodile meat, and crickets.
I've held off from trying fried centipedes and scorpions, perhaps that will be another time.

What about you? Could be as simple as liver or heart of an animal. 😅

Most Helpful Guy

• A scorpion in a lolipop
    hotlix.com/.../...rpion_sucker_cropped-500x500.jpg
    My dad picked it up for me in Arizona
    'snake meat,'
    I actually have a recipe for deep fried rattlesnake somewhere, and unlike the scorpion in a lolipop there are people in the U. S who actually do choose to eat rattlesnakes on occasion.
    query.nytimes.com/.../fullpage.html
    its not very common but in the southwest people eat it on occasion

• Thought you tree huggers don't eat meat lol

• @Iraqveteran666 Not really, its strange,
      the furthest left states, vermont, oregon, washington all have fairly loose gun laws, the moderate states, new york, massachusetts, california, all have strict gun laws.
      Its very odd, at the right you get loose gun laws, then as you get towards the center they get strict again, then as you move left it starts to get looser again.
      What it means?
      Fuck if I know, its just an odd pattern

• @Iraqveteran666
      Another example would be Sanders and Clinton,
      Clinton (a centerist) was far more restrictive when it came to gun rights than Sanders (a social democrat) The state sanders comes from has looser gun laws than Texas, whereas Clinton is from New York.
      Again, I've got no fucking clue what all this really adds up to, just reporting the facts and they show an odd pattern

Most Helpful Girl

• Alligator was odd but pleasant. I don't think I've tried anything really extreme though not through not trying? I do try everything.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 19

• 1. Balut (Boiled duck embryo). Foreigners consider it exotic but it's kind of normal here. Some find it feathery but I like the 17-18 year old chick. Yolk is still there, and I like the egg white that is beginning to form like a bone.

2. Bats. In here there's a kind of giant fruit bat that people sometimes hunt at night. Kind of taste like meh. They smell like goat? I don't think I remember anymore.

3. Frogs/Rat. It's a field frog/rat. Not the household rat. Kind of good. Taste like chicken but better. I like it cooked in coconut milk.

4. Bee larvae. It looks like maggots at first sight. They cook it as a soup. So you'll expect to see some white fat worms floating around. But if you close your eyes, it actually taste like honey.

5. Soup no. 5 (Bull testicle soup). Well... the broth is good. Testicle, a little bit like white liver. Even up to now, it still horrifies me when I think about it. But when someone offers me, I eat it anyway.

6. There's also a giant shrimp here/lobster look alike. Shell is thick like crabs and it bleeds blue. When you cook it, it looks like an alien but the taste is really good. Like a hundred lobster will not compare to even a single bite of it. But it's really rare and difficult to cultivate. So it's not offered at the market.

7. Sisig - A dish made from pig's face and ears. Taste very good. Best paired with beer.

8. Ampalaya (bitter melon). - It is a veggie in Southeast Asia. Not everyone like it because of its bitter taste. It's more of an acquired taste.

9. Octopus Sashimi - It looks really weird. Feels like the tentacles are alive and ready to smack you.

10. Chocolate coated crickets - I've eaten it as someone's prank on me. It was cleverly placed in a grasshopper pie. It taste really crunchy but it feels like I can still feel the crickets in my throat.

Actually, there are many more. There's the crocodile meat, taste tender and like a chicken. Manta Ray, Sea Urchin, Ant Eggs, Sea Cucumber (We call it buto-buto or literally penis penis in english). I've also been offered a monkey dish. That one I did not take. It really freaked me out seeing the hands of a monkey because it looked like a child's hand.

And what is weird anyway? Maybe it's just perceptions like what is weird in your country may not be in other countries. Like Thais are naturally insectivores, They eat crickets and roaches. The French has Foie Gras, Spanish has Callos, or how about the Japanese PufferFish that can kill you if it's prepared wrong.

• its a cow's shit, that is cleaned first and then its made, but its really tasty. i love it
    it looks like this
    zaiqa.net/.../chaakna.png
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...23ca1ec9a9.jpg
    it has lots of spices in it, and its really spicy and tasty

• Chakna or chaakna is a spicy stew made out of goat tripe and other animal digestive parts. It is a speciality among Hyderabadi Muslims. The tripe stew includes chunks of liver and kidneys.[

• I think we call it here "Callos" (Philippines). It's a Spanish influence made from Ox Tripe. I love it slow cooked.

• Fertilized duck egg (you can see tiny furs, eyes, and a small beak)
    Insects such as crickets, grasshoppers, beetles & bee larvae
    Cow tongue
    Calf brain
    Pig intestines
    Pig's feet
    Pig's nose
    Cow heels
    Cow cox
    Fish eyes

In addition to the foods in your pictures.

• At first I thought this was about favorite weirdos you know and I was gonna say you Rainie 😝😝 haha I've had what's called Tiger Meat (not actual meat from a tiger). Its hamburger meat thats raw and mixed with seasonings and you eat it with crackers. Its a holiday dish in the Midwestern US. I believe it probably comes from German background that many of the Midwestern US statses has.

• Balut - a developing bird embryo boiled in the shell.. I think that was the one that felt most odd to me.. though I've tried tarantula as well.. that's actually tasty though. :3

• I've seen that before, there was some on the menu but I was too disgusted by it to try it 😅

• with a spoon*

• Aight, even though you do have a line you won't cross, you don't sound too screamish about different foods/cuisines, that's good. Guess I'll have to try the urchin with lime/lemon like that as well, then. :3

• I've had alligator before. It was good. It looked like calamari and it came with some sauce. It tasted like chicken but chewier.
    I actually really want some again but I don't think it's anywhere I live lol

• I thought crocodile tasted quite a lot like chicken as well, though the one I had was quite dry. I was surprised how nice it tasted though.

• I'm a picky eater, so I haven't eaten something really weird yet

so, mussels maybe?

• chocolate covered grasshoppers haha they were actually good!

• I'd say sea urchins and surströmming

• bread dosa...

• a battery

• Scrambled eggs with mayonnaise.

• That's a secret ;)

• YOU 😷

• Cunt.

• Own cum.

• Your mom

• Lam Balls

• A fly

What Girls Said 4

• Hmm I guess Turkey flavored Icecream... Raw octopus... Roadkill... Duran (soooo nasty btw!!) umm gee I feel like there's so much more but it's not "weird" compared to what people eat every day ahaha!

• Turkey flavored ice cream 😂 interesting
      I keep missing out on eating Durans 😩 I'll be sure to try it next time i get the chance.

• Yeah it was interesting! That's for sure! It tasted like creamy and cold turkey 😅
      TRUST ME it's probably one of the nastiest things that I've EVER eaten! And that's saying a lot! Lol you're not missing out haha!

• Scorpions

• No one's gonna say it? We're all thinking it, fine I'll say it:

Ass

• Alligator
    Snails